They are selling broken neck guitars at atleast 2 guitars centers near me, is this normal?
Is it because the stores are preliquidating (since rumor has it that lots of stores will close Q1?)
So are the axes with cleaner breaks fixable?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Well it depends on where on the neck it is but if its bolt on you could just buy a new neck, it could be fixed though depending on how bad it is.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well it depends on where on the neck it is but if its bolt on you could just buy a new neck, it could be fixed though depending on how bad it is.

The ones I saw were just broken on the head stock
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
The ones I saw were just broken on the head stock

Its more than likely fixable you just need a good luthier to do it for you alot of times the joint will come out even stronger afterwards.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I've read about this before.
They sell them a lot cheaper as far as I know.
I'm assuming incase someone wants to salvage a body/parts or wants to take a stab at fixing the neck.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
i kinda hope the economy gets to guitar center and they go bankrupt.

i would raid that place so fast..
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder

Same here!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I was checking out an Epiphone SG last week at a GC here. It was in great shape, and the tag said "Clearance Blowout etc etc-- $200" This caught my eye and I thought about getting it.....Until I see the obvious usage of red- painted super glue to try to cover up a badly cracked neck.

I always check guitars out before I buy, and this just cemented that I will always do it

If theyre going to sell these broken guitars, they should a least mark this on the tags, instead of making it look like a steal of a deal
Quote by forstringwonder

Almost sig-worthy. I'm contemplating putting it in there
Quote by bigfoamfinger
I was checking out an Epiphone SG last week at a GC here. It was in great shape, and the tag said "Clearance Blowout etc etc-- $200" This caught my eye and I thought about getting it.....Until I see the obvious usage of red- painted super glue to try to cover up a badly cracked neck.

I always check guitars out before I buy, and this just cemented that I will always do it

If theyre going to sell these broken guitars, they should a least mark this on the tags, instead of making it look like a steal of a deal

the ones at these gc are selling for 50$ but the headstock is completely off.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Almost sig-worthy. I'm contemplating putting it in there
I'm thinking about it myself
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
If it was a nice guitar with a broken neck, I'd just replace the neck with something nice from Warmoth.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
The place I go to was selling a Jackson seven stringer Dinky COW for $99 because of a broken headstock
Quote by Stoney93
The place I go to was selling a Jackson seven stringer Dinky COW for $99 because of a broken headstock

You bought it, right?
Quote by forstringwonder

I would not hold your breathe. . . most chains when they go bankrupt hire a liquidator who will play a lot of games in pricing. The will take, say, a $1000 guitar, mark it up to $1200, then say they are selling it for a 25% discount, which in reality is 10% discount (i.e. $900.)

Since most guitars have ridiculous suggested retail prices, I am pretty sure a liquidation sale would be subject to all sorts of 'games'.

Fact in point: Circuit City was recently liquidated by a large liquidator and I went though a look at a bunch of the stuff, none of which was any cheaper than anything you could find on the web. But they played the same games, and the prices were 25-50% off (but not in reality), and you would have thought by the foot traffic that they were giving gold away.

Just my two cents.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by jcoley2
I would not hold your breathe. . . most chains when they go bankrupt hire a liquidator who will play a lot of games in pricing. The will take, say, a $1000 guitar, mark it up to $1200, then say they are selling it for a 25% discount, which in reality is 10% discount (i.e. $900.)

Since most guitars have ridiculous suggested retail prices, I am pretty sure a liquidation sale would be subject to all sorts of 'games'.

Fact in point: Circuit City was recently liquidated by a large liquidator and I went though a look at a bunch of the stuff, none of which was any cheaper than anything you could find on the web. But they played the same games, and the prices were 25-50% off (but not in reality), and you would have thought by the foot traffic that they were giving gold away.

Just my two cents.

I could not agree more. Stores always do that. CC did that here too and people were mobbing in and out of there just because there was a "Sale" sign up. Plus, throw a bunch of junk in a sale bin and watch the vultures rip through it LOL. Same with Comp USA. They marked used/returned Xbox's up $100 to make it look like a deal when you get 20 percent off. No doubt Guitar Center would do this too. The Retail/List price is such a joke and they would use this as leverage
Im not going to name any big corporate (sp) companies that i may have worked for like Menards. But when they would put up sales and what not they would actually raise the price from 50 cents to up to 3 bucks and slap a sale sign on it and they will sell out so quick its not even funny cause people dont want to look at what it WAS selling for but rather just take it as it is on sale.

AND AS LONG AS IT DOESNT SAY SOMETHING LIKE 25% OFF or a certain amount off you cant sue or say anything to them lol. great corprate games huh LOL
I wish to live there... I have 3 necks here in NOTHING... Ready to get in a guitar but i'm missing the bodies =.=
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P