What do you suspect is the trade in value for a barely used Les Paul Studio, Alpine White with Gold Hardware? i may or may not try to trade it for another guitar so i would like some opinions on how much i could get for it.
I'd say just sell it on Craigslist or eBay, you'll get wayyy more money doing it that way than trading it in at a music store.
lol, i think ive seen you on craigslist and kijiji.....
umm, really, its gonna be around 900 or 1000 on craigslist
but in a store, probably 500 or 600.
You lose a bunch of money selling to a store, especially GC.

Just sell it on ebay or clist
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
haha no i haven't tried to sell it yet. You are probably right about selling it on craigslist or something
lol there is someone on my local craigslist and Kijiji selling a les paul studio white for 1100 on craigs and then they put it for 1200, you can buy it new from musicans friend for that much LOL.
where I used to work, depending on the condition we would give you something like 4 maybe 5 or 550 for it and sell it for 650 or 700.

if you traded it for something else we would give you the equvilant of 700 or so for it in trade in value
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ebay or craigslist
and try selling it on your LOCAL SMALL store
not Guitar center, sam ash and those big Music stores.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
So while I at GC one day I heard the store manager tell a customer what the deal is when you sell to shops. He said what they do is find the value of the item used, and give you about half of that so that they could make money off it and mark it down if it didn't sell right away. So yea you are wayy better off selling it on your own.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
So while I at GC one day I heard the store manager tell a customer what the deal is when you sell to shops. He said what they do is find the value of the item used, and give you about half of that so that they could make money off it and mark it down if it didn't sell right away. So yea you are wayy better off selling it on your own.

Well fair enough, no business wants to clog up their inventories unless they can shift the merch quickly and for good profit. You'll find margins like that all over the place, it's not a 'rip off', it's reality. You will get a better price in a private sale, but this will take longer, you will have to take photos, answer questions, arrange shipping, somebody might want to come over and test it. GC, you get less cash in hand, but that's the price of convenience.

Not that I recommend doing that, but niggaz got to realise some business realities.