So i have just started having this problem with my jackson's LFR. I have just had this problem in the past few weeks, and about 3 string changes (my e strings breaks like crazy so i change the whole set because im OCD like that).

The problem is now it is breaking ALL of the strings no matter which it is. It is breaking at the floyd. Ive pulled out the little black pieces inside of each of the saddles (is that right?) and checked for sharp edges and found none. i dont understand how this is happening, i just changed strings and i played for about 15 minutes and then my D string snaps, and after it snapped the low E strings snapped. it has been like this for a while now, ive broken about 6 strings.

is there anything else i need to check? im playing 10s in standard tuning if it matters any.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
My guess is theres too much tension on them but Im most likely wrong
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by jake911
Describe how you put on your strings.

1- un-bolt the locking but]
2- loosen the strings
3- release the strings from the floyd
4- send the new strings through the tuner
5- trim it to size with a tiny bit extra
6- reattach the strings to the floyd
7- tune in pairs
8- retighten the locking nut OR adjust springs if needed (which i havent)
9- fine tune
10- ???
11- profit
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

you said you use a floyd, when you cut the ball end off on the string are you cutting RIGHT at the ball end or are you cutting like way up the string kinda. If your cutting up the string what your strings are doing is slipping, all you have to do is cut right at the ball end, you need the bottom wounded part so that the string dosent slip.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
cutting the ball end? i dont cut the ball end at all.

the ball stays at the tuners and the other end goes to the floyd.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

You have to cut it me thinks.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
No, you don't. You can thread it ball end through, it's perfectly fine and actually more stable.

Check your saddles first, make sure there aren't any sharp edges in the saddle or the string lock block. Anywhere the string touches should be pretty smooth.

Also, the strings might not actually be breaking. The tension might just be pulling them out of the saddle. Make sure when the string breaks that it's actually snapped (there are two separate pieces of string) and not just popped out. If it pops out of the saddle while tuning or playing then you just need to tighten the string lock screws (allen keys at the back of the floyd) tighter on each string.
My Gear
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG520QS
'78 Ibanez Les Paul copy
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Fender Telecaster
Vantage Semihollow
Line6 AX2 212 combo modeling amplifier
If you are using the DR round strings they may be un-winding in the saddle, that happens a bit with me, they un-coil and eventually just slip out of the saddles.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
If you are using the DR round strings they may be un-winding in the saddle, that happens a bit with me, they un-coil and eventually just slip out of the saddles.

You win a cookie.

That was what was wrong, I decided to put my glasses on and recheck the breaks, and they were unraveling then breaking. Thanks!
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

You have to crimp the string if you cut off the ball, (FR recommends this way) dont put the ball end at the tuners.
Quote by random_B-RAD

thats what i was trying to say about slipping, couldnt think of "un-coil" at that moment. and putting the ball end at the tunner is a way i havent heard until now.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell