I was surprised that there were no Beat Happening threads on the entire forum. I figured this would be the best place for them.

My favorite album is the self-titled. Who likes them?
Love em'. Jamboree and You Turn Me On are my favorites by far.
12 fret fury
you turn me on is my favorite beat happening album for sure.

i saw and met calvin johnson last weekend he's a great guy and puts on a great show, theres a picture i took with him in the off topic thread from a day or so ago.
too band the only thing i've heard from calvin johnson was dub narcotic sound system, which sucked
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
im personally a huge fan of the halo benders.

his solo stuff is pretty great too, both the albums i have are wonderful
i only have the s/t and Dreamy, but i have trouble sitting through them because of the sheer number of songs. plus, Calvin Johnson's is sometimes a little grating due to it being kinda flat most of the time...
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
im personally a huge fan of the halo benders.

his solo stuff is pretty great too, both the albums i have are wonderful

Virginia Reel Around the Fountain (I think that's the name) is a great song, it's on the Built to Spill live record (Halo Benders are Johnson and Doug Martsh I think). I need to hear more HB.
^^
ya you definitly do, i have all three of their albums and they're all great.

but if you're looking to get into them you should check out their first album god don't make no junk, its awsome

i've met doug and calvin and when i was talking to calvin i asked about the possibility of another HB album and he said that they had some new songs and wanted to make a new album but doug's schedule is just really busy with BTS's new album coming and stuff but hopefully it will come out eventually