NOT earbuds, going to be used for guitar playing, and listening to my ipod.

Suggestions? Budget no more then 70 - 80 dollars.
Closed eared headphones or whatever.
Last edited by SchecterZV at Feb 4, 2009,
Sennheiser headphones are quite good.

Avoid Skull Candy; the sound quality is not great and they're unreliable.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I got a pair of Koss studio headphones (they have a 1/4in plug) and they're fantastic. A little heavy, but perfect for me. They scream vintage. I use a 1/8in jack converter to use them with my iPod.

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-Pro-4AA-Studio-Quality-Headphones/dp/B00004Z7G9/ref=pd_bbs_sr_11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233716817&sr=8-11

Or these should be a bit lighter, can't comment on anything else thought.

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-Pro4AAT-Titanium-Pro-Headphones/dp/B00008Z1QI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233716817&sr=8-10
There goes those.

Seriously though, KOSS headphones are a great value and I believe they have a lifetime warranty.
Quote by Joe-White
There goes those.

Seriously though, KOSS headphones are a great value and I believe they have a lifetime warranty.

I actually posted that, before i saw those two. I own a pair of cheaper Koss headphones like that, maybe costs 20 bucks at walmart, and I loved the quality. So seeing those, I'm definitely not afraid to pay the extra 20 bucks.
Quote by Raijouta
Sennheiser headphones are quite good.

Avoid Skull Candy; the sound quality is not great and they're unreliable.

grrr i kinda made that mistake. at least they're pretty
im not too knowledgable on exact brands or models, but i feel like stepping up your budget a bit could really get you a better set of headphones. i mean i use headphones older than me (and probably older than most people on UG), but i have looked into some new stuff recently. i picked out some headphones for my brother for christmas, and from what i could tell the stuff under $75 wasnt really going to be worth it. i mean for just listening to your guitar and some music they would probably be fine, but if you ever want to do mixing or actually work with recordings then they wont quite do it.

the best thing to do is decide what kind of headphones you want. on ear, over ear, closed, open? go try out some headphones at a music store (im talking GC style, not fye style) as they should have some on display. see what you find most comfortable, then see whats in your budget. other than the brands already mentioned, maybe look into AKG or audio-technica.
Quote by Roc8995
Surprise.

Come on, budget? Application?

srsly, $1800 for headphones. The sound quality on those better be like sex or something.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Toolfan11
srsly, $1800 for headphones. The sound quality on those better be like sex or something.

Made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff.

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff.

reminds me of @ lunch today, we were making infomercial jokes. but yeah look at some sennheisers i guess
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I have sennheiser EH 250's, I think they were on sale for 30 or 40, and they sound great.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Up your budget to $100 and get the Sennheiser HD 280. They are as good as it gets for headphones in that price range. I use them with my GNX4, and my laptop. They are more of studio headphones though so you might look funny in public with your Ipod listening to them. Great for guitar though.