My best friend just started playing guitar, and he got an offer to play the biggest gig in town with another band. I'm supportive of whatever he does, but at the same time, it pisses me off. Like, he started playing last week (he knows powerchords) and he gets this gig (the band he's playing with are signed). I just feel like he hasn't worked enough to get this oppertunity...Pit, am I a bad friend?
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Yes.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
mhmm.
Jump in my fire, I'm far beyond driven.

amp--- Peavey Vypyr 15 (fucking love it)
Yes.

But it's going to feel great when he realizes that he isn't good enough to be in a band.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Last edited by Cynoxx at Feb 3, 2009,
He must be a guitar prodigy.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Jericho114
He must be a guitar prodigy.

c c c c combo breaker!!!!
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Maybe you spent all that time shredding, tapping, and sweeping that you never learned power chords.
Quote by rocker_46788
My best friend just started playing guitar, and he got an offer to play the biggest gig in town with another band. I'm supportive of whatever he does, but at the same time, it pisses me off. Like, he started playing last week (he knows powerchords) and he gets this gig (the band he's playing with are signed). I just feel like he hasn't worked enough to get this oppertunity...Pit, am I a bad friend?

Yes, rather than complaining you should act like a true friend and be right there at the front of the crowd, waiting for the moment he f*cks up majorly, and laughing at him getting pwned by inexperience.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I agree with going and watching him screw up... he couldn't even be especially great with power chords with one weeks experience... hell, can he even play smells like teen spirit?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by 20cdndollars
That was an unessasarily large post, good sir.

i totaly agree. what idiot would post something so long?

...oh..
He can only play power chords and he's playing with a signed band?

Is this band Green Day or The Jonas Brothers?
Quote by 20cdndollars
That was an unessasarily large post, good sir.

That was a unnecessary way of saying unnecessary, mate
No, you're just suffering to human proclivity. It's normal to be a little jealous, just stay supportive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by dethead666
That was a unnecessary way of saying unnecessary, mate

I find that word rather hard to spell, good sir.
What everyone else has said. Go there and watch his f0ck up. Then laugh and make him buy you a beer.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by rocker_46788
My best friend just started playing guitar, and he got an offer to play the biggest gig in town with another band. I'm supportive of whatever he does, but at the same time, it pisses me off. Like, he started playing last week (he knows powerchords) and he gets this gig (the band he's playing with are signed). I just feel like he hasn't worked enough to get this opportunity...Pit, am I a bad friend?

don't be such a dick. be happy for your friend.

the only way you can be mad is to be mad at yourself for not getting in that band first
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Feb 3, 2009,
Just bring a hot chick in skimpy clothes and stand in the front row to help him screw up even more.
yes you should support him

Get off your but and get yourself in a band. If this kid did it you probably could.
Quote by crackerpleaz
He can only play power chords and he's playing with a signed band?

Is this band Green Day or The Jonas Brothers?

Even if you don't like Green Day, no one should ever put them in the same group as the jonas brothers.
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by zero_123
Even if you don't like Green Day, no one should ever put them in the same group as the jonas brothers.

yep Miley cyrus is the only one who fits that gay boy phase...Miley is a weird name for a boy.
When he's playing, just whip it out.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
he might be ****ing with you.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.