I currently have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar, line 6 Spider III 15W amp and I've been wanting to get a effect/wah pedal for a couple of days but dunno what's best to get to I thought id drop a thread on the forums. I currently have no budget so just post anything you think is good.

Thanks.
No effects pedal will sound good with a Spider. I hate saying this, but put your money towards a new amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Well it ultimately depends on what type of music you play. And generally, I suggest a tube amp.
Depends on what you play and how much you're willing to pay. Where you live and whether you're keen to buy used is also useful.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Metal mostly and ill check it out thanks. And anymore help will be helpful =)

Edit: I currently looking but will soon buy. And I live in the US.
Last edited by choiji14 at Feb 3, 2009,
Ugghhh... now time to wait for the Peavey Vypyr suggestions.

This always happens.

But TS, seriously look at the Peavey Vypyr or a small/used tube amp. Another good suggestion would be Blackheart amps, like the Little Giant.

save up for like a B-52 AT112 or a used peavey ultra or XXX. just stick with all the effects on the spider for a while, modeling amps like spiders vypyrs cubes etc dont go well with other effects
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well if you're still interested in running pedals, a tube amp would GENERALLY take a pedal better than an ss amp.

however, if pedals are not a big must for you, i would suggest a peavey vypyr or the cube.

what is your price range and what do you plan to do using this amp?
Depends on how much you're willing to save.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by daryle_goh
well if you're still interested in running pedals, a tube amp would DEFINETELY take a pedal better than an modeling amp.

however, if pedals are not a big must for you, i would suggest a peavey vypyr or the cube.

what is your price range and what do you plan to do using this amp?

there we go
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.