sup
i've heard a lot about bugeras, are they worth the money?
i think it was the 6260 that got my attention
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Be prepared to spend a lot on repairing it. Their tone is OK, but the risk of them breaking is too high IMO. I'd either save more or get a Randall RG50TC, which is more solid than the Bugera, has a better tone (IMO) and can realistically be used anywhere.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^ What He said. It's a sub company of Behringer. They have terrible reliability but the tone is good.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
I bet first 2 posts are just jumping on the bandwagon..
they have great! tone and yes there is a chance of it "malfunctioning" but nothing to expensive i'd imagine.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I bet first 2 posts are just jumping on the bandwagon..
they have great! tone and yes there is a chance of it "malfunctioning" but nothing to expensive i'd imagine.

What in your opinion is not an "expensive" fix. I've heard of bad wiring that leads to arcs, I've heard of OT problems, "little" problems in tube amps can lead to very expensive fixes.
I know three people personally who had Bugeras, all three had some kind of problems.

And their tone isn't that great. They're just Peavey 5150/6505 ripoffs, which in turn are B-grade Soldano ripoffs. They're OK, but I think the B-52s and Randall RG50TCs have much better tone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by al112987
What in your opinion is not an "expensive" fix. I've heard of bad wiring that leads to arcs, I've heard of OT problems, "little" problems in tube amps can lead to very expensive fixes.

Like he said, tube amp fixes can easily add up to several hundred. I almost bought a Boogie MK IV back in December but it had broken pots and I asked the tech I trust most and he said it would be around $150 to fix it. Although, the less complicated an amp is, the cheaper it is to repair, but the Bugera isn't exactly a Fender when it comes to simplicity. Here are some demos of the Bugeras if you want to go based on tone though.
333XL http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1093&CategoryID=
6262 http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1094&CategoryID=
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^^^^damn, $150 to replace pots? That's just highway robbery. Honestly, a 15 minute job total... I would charge someone $20 at most to replace a pot...
i win.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by al112987
^^^^damn, $150 to replace pots? That's just highway robbery. Honestly, a 15 minute job total... I would charge someone $20 at most to replace a pot...

No, it was about a dozen broken ones in a rackmount that had some mods done that he had to reverse, so it wasn't that bad considering how ****ed it was, but the amp was like $700 so I didn't want to deal with it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Every story about bad Bugeras is old news. Yeah, the break, but they aren't expensive because anything faulty is covered by warranty. IMO, if it lasts for a month, it will stand the test of time.

But why risk in when you can get something as good for a similar price that isn't anywhere near as likely to break?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Every story about bad Bugeras is old news. Yeah, the break, but they aren't expensive because anything faulty is covered by warranty. IMO, if it lasts for a month, it will stand the test of time.

That is a very poor measure of reliability. No way in a month can you say that an amp will withstand consistent wear and tear, especially when it comes to amps with cheap parts, you can't tell how much components are wearing down.
Here is what I tell people looking for Bugera's. Find the Bugera Users Militia Thread. Find BeerChurch. Read his blog on the 4 things to check on these amps before turning it on. If you are comfortable with those 4 things and understand the warranty then add it to you list of amps you should check out.
look i personally have a bugera 333xl and let me tell you what these kids who pretend like they know what theyre talking about (they dont) cant

1. it is a good amp for the price, its full tube and you get a full tube tone, its no mesa so dont confuse it, but it is a good tone
2. mine broke, but i sent it under warrenty and they fixed it for free
3. it is not the same as a berhinger, its an independent company that just uses berhinger as a shipping company and for their infrastructure.
4. i would recommend it to anyone looking for a entry level tube amp
5. most people who dont own one have no idea what theyre talking about so dont listen to them, they just repeat what everyone else has said and cant form ideas of their own

just PM me if you have any other concerns or questions.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
look i personally have a bugera 333xl and let me tell you what these kids who pretend like they know what theyre talking about (they dont) cant

1. it is a good amp for the price, its full tube and you get a full tube tone, its no mesa so dont confuse it, but it is a good tone
3. it is not the same as a berhinger, its an independent company that just uses berhinger as a shipping company and for their infrastructure.

5. most people who dont own one have no idea what theyre talking about so dont listen to them, they just repeat what everyone else has said and cant form ideas of their own

Except that Uli Behringer designed the amps? And that they're made in the same chinese factory as the rest of the Behringers?

This came straight from the Bugera/Behringer representative at NAMMM last year.

Even the name "Bugera" is named after Behringer's in-house speaker brand, made from scratch by Behringer.

http://www.gearwire.com/media/wnamm-bugeraamps.wmv

This isn't even arguable anymore.

Unless of course, if Jim Marshall designed an amp, and had it built in his UK Marshall factory but stamped "Banana Cream Pie" on the front panel, and when you sent it back, Marshall repaired it, you would say that it is an independent company that just shares distribution and infrastructure?

That being said, Bugeras sound pretty decent, especially for their price, but even if they weren't made by Behringer (which they are), they still have Behringer-esque quality issues. Go look at Beerchurch's guide to making a Bugera more reliable, bolting down transformers? No amp should EVER leave the factory without transformers bolted down. Hardwiring essential connections that are made by plastic clips? (which would in turn void your warranty) These are all things that SHOULD have been done before the amp was even shipped. When you have issues like that, does it even matter who makes the amp?
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie

Epic fail. Behringer owns Bugera and is responsible for every movement inside that company. It may be an "independent arm" for corporate purposes, but that means nothing.

How about the hassle of sending your amp off to get it fixed (god knows how many times) and being without one?

You don't have to own one to have played one and have experience with one. Would you maybe consider for a moment that some of us played and demoed them for the very purpose of giving advice about them...or to see if we wanted to buy them?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie

you just said your broke! You think people want to buy an amp that they know will break? Glad they fixed it but I would not be buying an amp with a half life of 2 weeks. If my Traynor broke I would have it replaced and then sell it. I've had it for a year and it's still running like a tank.