ok so finally after looking for months im getting a spector 6 string so can someone help me out with listing bands or maybe songs i can play utilizing these 2 new strings of course i know some like dream theater and primus but can someone list some more please.im getting either wednesday or thursday and i want to have lots of stuff to look into by then.thanks!
Nevermore probably uses 5/6 string basses on the songs Jeff is playing his 7-string guitar
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Dream Theater definitely makes use of them, if you can keep up with John Myung
Nope, no sig here.
Cynic, Gordian Knot, Steve Bailey, Spastic Ink, Seventh Wonder and Adam Nitti just off the top of my head. And enjoy the 6 man, you won't go back.
Are you getting the Stiletto Custom 6? I'm hoping to get one of those in the next few months, they're really nice basses.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Cynic, Gordian Knot

I know Sean Personally. The song Grace on Gordian Knot's self titled album is titled after and written for my little sister.

That little bit of trivia outta the way I agree whole heartedly, with these bands, though you're gonna need to learn to play stick too if you wanna do all the stuff Sean does.
well Phil Lesh from the Grateful Dead uses a 6 string....so have your way with some fun improv?? well thats at least what i'd do. that or learn Kalamazoo and Fish on by Primus.
dream theater, necrophagist, too me, noone else stands out as much. only if dan briggs would pick up a 6er. but if he did, anyone who watched him play wouyld die of a head implosion

/thread
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Got my Spector 6 for $525. :P

Necrophagist, Dream Theater, everything that's been mentioned.

What I would recommend is some Between the Buried and Me. Dan Briggs plays a five string, but you can transpose some of the stuff a six, and get some interesting chords / easier ways to play it going on.
Quote by sloasdaylight
I know Sean Personally. The song Grace on Gordian Knot's self titled album is titled after and written for my little sister.

That little bit of trivia outta the way I agree whole heartedly, with these bands, though you're gonna need to learn to play stick too if you wanna do all the stuff Sean does.

Nice man, have you had a chance to play music with him? I imagine that would be an interesting experience.
Quote by wildfire1871
to mayano-isnt a stiletto a schecter?im getting a spector legend 6

Yeah, I was just wondering what model you were getting.
Edit: Oh right, I read it as Schecter, sorry!
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Last edited by Mayano at Feb 5, 2009,
The bassist from double dragon uses a 5 string. Brownie points to anyone thats ever heard of them lol
EDIT: Not liking the spectors. I mean, they're probably 10 times better than my bass, but they look ugly as hell if you ask me. The body is to long and not wide enough.

Congratulations, though. Next bass I get will be an LTD F-5E, they look delicious.
Last edited by jimm, ey? at Feb 5, 2009,
Anthony Jackson, the 6-string pioneer, uses one exclusively, and he's played on plenty of stuff...

I played the Spector Euro 6-String, and really didn't like it; it was much too bright and not exceptionally comfy. Warwick make nice 6-ers though.
Quote by jimm, ey?
The bassist from double dragon uses a 5 string. Brownie points to anyone thats ever heard of them lol
EDIT: Not liking the spectors. I mean, they're probably 10 times better than my bass, but they look ugly as hell if you ask me. The body is to long and not wide enough.

Congratulations, though. Next bass I get will be an LTD F-5E, they look delicious.

Haha, I know Double dragon.

They suck...

Extraordinarily cliched
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Believe it or not, Alien Ant Farm's bassist uses a 6 stinger.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Believe it or not, Alien Ant Farm's bassist uses a 6 stinger.

a Fender custom shop model, right?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
a Fender custom shop model, right?

i think its fretless?
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by PluckU
i think its fretless?

I believe so.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Mark Hoppus from blink-182 (+44) uses a Fender Bass VI for "I Miss You", most notably when playing live. I know you said bands, but I figured I could throw that out there.
My Equipment:
Guitars:
Tom DeLonge Epiphone sig.
Squire Strat

Bass:
Mark Hoppus Sig.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire 5 string

Amps: (I live in an apartment complex)
Peavy Vyper 30 W (For the guitars)
Peavy Max 126 26 W (For the basses)
John Patitucci and Adam Nitti are both excellent 6 string players, go check them out if you can.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by sloasdaylight

More people should be impressed by that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Play some Primus and Les Claypool on that ****.

That is if you are REALLY good at playing bass.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.