I like to think I have a relatively wide taste in comedians and different styles of comedy, but my favorite comedian of all has to be Demetri Martin. So who else is excited about his new show "Important Things With Demetri Martin"?

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/important_things/index.jhtml
me and my gf are psyched...out favorite comedian...anyone know what the show is actually about though? lol. commertials don't really say much.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
What day does it premiere?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
He's good, but for a while there his material was the same ****.

I'll watch it.
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by bobby_splax
me and my gf are psyched...out favorite comedian...anyone know what the show is actually about though? lol. commertials don't really say much.
It's a mix of sketches and his stand-up (also the large pad). The stand-up looks funnier than the sketches.
Quote by The Madcap
It's a mix of sketches and his stand-up (also the large pad). The stand-up looks funnier than the sketches.

YES! THE LARGE PAD! BEST PART!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
Quote by bobby_splax

important things. duh.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I really really like Demetri Martin. To me he represents a generation of free thinkers with too much time on their hands... I'm among them.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
bitch ass......

punk ass.....

.....ass
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i'm really excited about this show. i've seen his stand up show and it was hilarious. i just hope he can keep it up for a weekly show.
It seems like he isn't that great at sketch comedy, but what do I know, I'm a got-dang pit-monkey.

MC name = Bearrorism
jesus... now i'm really pumped. sounds good....

....ladies.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I'd just yell out letters.
LARGE TEXT
I'm looking forward to the show. I just hope that Demitri can keep it up. As much as I love Demitri, there's a lot of material that would have to go into a regular TV show, and there might be some filler and thinly stretched humor added to meet the demand. That said, I'm still maintaining confidence in one of my top five favorite comedians.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I never got sick of it...

when you see the same sketches over and over, and theres nothing new to watch, it gets kinda old. (for me).

if he would have stuck around and done a new season, then yeah, i would still love it, i'm sure.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
I'm sooo excited for this show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by BassFishin
when you see the same sketches over and over, and theres nothing new to watch, it gets kinda old. (for me).

if he would have stuck around and done a new season, then yeah, i would still love it, i'm sure.

I see what you're saying. I AM sick of re-runs obviously but if their were new episodes I would be pumped.
I'd never heard of him before they started showing commercials for his show. I was annoyed after awhile of the commercials that didn't tell us what the hell the show was about. Now that they've started showing the real commercials I'm kinda excited for it, he looks pretty funny.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I'd never heard of him before they started showing commercials for his show. I was annoyed after awhile of the commercials that didn't tell us what the hell the show was about. Now that they've started showing the real commercials I'm kinda excited for it, he looks pretty funny.

aw really? man, you gotta check out his stand up. If you have a random, yet witty sense of humor, you will crack up, i promise. He's an amazing one-liner guy, right up there with Steven Wright and Mitch Hedberg, if that has any significance.
Can't wait. I rarely watch any tv anymore, but I'll tune into this.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i'd like to revive this thread by saying there is a sneak peak to the show for Comcast On Demand, if anyone doesn't want to wait a couple of days. It looks hilarious.