currently im using an epiphone les paul studio just temporary and the g string always goes out of tune quick. is this normal for epiphones ...?
A lot of Gibsons do that, My SG does it all the time. if you tune it slightly sharp, you won't have a problem.
Try taking it to a tech, my Gibbys both did it when I first got them and the nut was just cut poorly, also you may want to replace the tuners with locking ones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yah my sg standard and friends ltd eclipse deluxe both did that same thing. i think it's a tune-o-matic curse
It's all about feel
I need to get my custom fixed as well..it would be a serious hassle at gigs. In fact i wont play shows with it because both the G and B fall flat after tuning up. You hear than "chink" sound and you know your just screwed.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
it messes **** up. that chink sound is kinda like getting called to the principal's office for doing nothing
The Gstring has always been a source of tuning problems for just about every guitar. There was a time when everybody used a wound gstring. But tbone walker got us started using a plain 1. But I can keep both my epis in tune even the g string while playing. I might have to check it the next day before playing but usually its pretty close to tuned.
yes, i used to have an epi les paul classic and the g string would always loose tune. i asked the local tech and he said its because the g string is in the highest tension and it was just a pain. try takin the guitar to a tech and have them look at the bridge and nut and mae sure its all ok tho.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
I just got a very sharp pencil, rubbed a small amount of graphite in the litttle slot of the nut, and retuned. Worked for me. O and also tune so its sharp and then its right not flat and then right (hope that makes sense)