I'm reasonably good at guitar now and I recently bought a Hagstrom HL-550 Jazzbox. I also have an older Ibanez GAX-30, and the terrible amp that came with it. I've come across a second-hand Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for a pretty low price, so do you think it's worth buying? I'll mostly be playing jazz, but also some other stuff (from classic rock to metal, although I may need another guitar for that). Would this amp be good?
Thanks.
Gear:
Ibanez GAX-30
Hagstrom HL-550
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Ibanez TS9
The HRD will do jazz on it's own, but it's OD is rubbish. Maybe early classic rock at the most. With a good OD you may be able to reach into Black Sabbath-type metal territory, but nothing more. If you plan to use it mainly for jazz and just dabble in other stuff, it'll be good for you.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Yeah, I play Jazz first, classic rock second and everything else third. So it'll probably be good. How loud is the 40W though? Big enough for small gigs, or at least decent practice?
Gear:
Ibanez GAX-30
Hagstrom HL-550
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Ibanez TS9
It's loud enough for anything short of arenas.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales