I'm going to get one of these Reverend Buckshot guitars and I wonder if any other UGers own, have played or have considered a Reverend guitar. I want to ask Reverend if I can get one with the sunburst body and a maple fingerboard and headstock.
Last edited by carpepax at Feb 12, 2009,
Whoa........

It's....like....like all of the Fender guitars had an orgy and this is the bastard child that it caused.

Sweet

Sorry dude, never even heard of the things before.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I asked Ken at Reverend if I could get one with the sunburst body and maple fretboard/headstock and he said they usually don't swap necks but he'd see what they could do. If not, I'll go for the cream body because I really want the maple fretboard.
reverends are beaut, how much do they sell for? personally i'd go for the black one, maple neck or no
The list on these Buckshot models is just under $800. They have several other bolt-on models and a whole set neck line as well. They also just released their first big hollow-body. I kinda like their Club King HB, too.
deffinetly read remington buck shot thinking you were talking about ammunition loll
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Roast Beef
Nice price! Have you played one?

I did. I was at the NAMM show for my work and got to see the Reverend booth, talk to Joe and Ken and play the Buckshot and Double Agent models. I liked the Buckshot quite a bit.

I bought one of their T-shirts and when I washed it, it came out the softest shirt I've ever worn. It was a sign.
Does it play like a $800 guitar, or something more expensive? The more you tell me about this thing, the better it sounds. I mean sweet looks, decent price, comfortable shirt, now that's pretty much the whole package.
Haha. I'll have to fill you in after I get mine, set it up the way I like it and play it for a bit. I do believe it will sound great through my amp. The middle pickup position is rich and smooth...a beautiful tone. Of course, I was playing it through a 50W Orange at NAMM.
i have a reverend semi-hollow. amazing guitars for the price
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
manta ray in sun burst
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
^Awesome! How do you like it?

I just ordered my Buckshot straight from Reverend today. They weren't able to do the maple neck on the sunburst body so I went with the cream one. I also ordered the hardshell case. I can hardly wait until Tuesday when it should be delivered.
Last edited by carpepax at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by Natrone
Whoa........

It's....like....like all of the Fender guitars had an orgy and this is the bastard child that it caused.

Sweet

Sorry dude, never even heard of the things before.

Looks sweet.

But yeah, it looks like a Strat and a Tele had a kid... and I don't mean that in a bad way either...

Let us know how it plays on your amp!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Roast Beef
Does it play like a $800 guitar, or something more expensive? The more you tell me about this thing, the better it sounds. I mean sweet looks, decent price, comfortable shirt, now that's pretty much the whole package.
My Buckshot was delivered about a week and a half ago and, after being able to play it for a while, I offer my abbreviated review.

It looks, feels, plays and sounds like a guitar priced a fair amount more than what they're asking. The fit and finish is very good. The fret job on this guitar is wonderful with near-perfectly rounded ends. Maple neck so smooth and fast. The neck profile isn't as flat as some of the faster necks out there but the 12" radius makes it very un-Strat-like. The paint job is flawless.

The body on the guitar is thicker and heftier than I expected it to be. The mass of the korina body resonates well and sustain is impressive. When I got it, the low strings buzzed kinda bad so I raised the bass end of the Tune-O-Matic bridge and it's much better. The stock pickups both sound great clean. The T-style pickup gives that classic Tele tone with more bottom and slightly fatter mids. The neck mini-humbucker is rich, thick and buttery smooth. The tone and bass contour controls allow a wide range of tones in any pickup selection.

None of the hardware feels anything but solid and securely installed. The pin-lock tuning heads are cool. I have never used them before so how I use them will probably evolve. The graphite nut should avoid any string binding.

The thing stays in tune really well. The scale and the finish of the neck and how it feels reminds me of a Schecter 006 I owned for a while but this guitar sounds so much better.

With my gear, all I can say is that the Boss DS-1 sounds waaaaay better with this guitar than the fuzz or overdrive I get from my Holy Stain. The Stain just gives me reverb.

For a stock instrument in its price range, it's top notch and I highly recommend Reverend guitars. Although I will probably change the bridge pickup out at some point, I am very happy with this guitar as is.
Last edited by carpepax at Mar 1, 2009,
Carpepax... so I am looking at the Gil Parris Signature model, and it comes to my local store on Friday.. did you ever get a chance to hear/play this reverend model? I agree with alot of what you said about quality from Reverend and bang for the buck.. want some versatility so am aiming for the H S H combination.. my biggest concern is whether the humbuckers made by reverend are hot enough to distinctly voice out each string with boutique style distortion (I use a Vox)... any experience with their Humbucker pups and better yet with the Gil Parris Model?