So I played through this amp at my schools battle of the bands and I don't remember what it was other than its an older Trace Elliot. I was hoping there may be someone on here who could ID it by this picture (ie. model and wattage etc). Its all I have to go off of as I can't contact the guy who owns it because he's currently in Idaho until the summer or something crazy like that.

Thanks,
The AH500 is the only one I can think of with that layout. That's my guess. There were some other similar ones, though, so It's possible I'm mistaken. Here's what I'm seeing in the pic:
12 band eq
DI to the right of the EQ
Red "graphic level" slider between the EQ and the DI (you can see the markings around it in the pic)
Blacklight, but no rat fur
inputs under red gain knob

Was this it?

edit: for anyone else looking, here's the other half of it:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FeoAoBC6oaE/SJNd2z_nzJI/AAAAAAAADb4/JuPmxBhKSto/s720/IMG_1594.JPG
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 4, 2009,
Well the ah 350 and the smx all look the same
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
What are the differences between them? Last I heard he was trying to sell it so I was trying to figure out if it was a good amp so I could talk to him when he gets back this summer. Haven't talked price with him about just the head but he was trying to sell an old carvin rl118 cab with it and was talking about like $800 for the combo. Seems like way to much to me as I could go buy a brand new ashdown half stack for about that much.
Quote by maidendeth13
What are the differences between them? Last I heard he was trying to sell it so I was trying to figure out if it was a good amp so I could talk to him when he gets back this summer. Haven't talked price with him about just the head but he was trying to sell an old carvin rl118 cab with it and was talking about like $800 for the combo. Seems like way to much to me as I could go buy a brand new ashdown half stack for about that much.

It's one of the older preamps without the later refinements ie dual compression etc but they were good in their day and stiil stand up well against many of todays bass amps.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn