Ok so here is my situation.

I am off to college next fall and will be living in a dorm. I decided to take my B-52 AT-112 with me. However, it is broken. I made a warranty claim and they gave me the money back and I made that into a gift card. I am planning on going to my local amp repair place to get it fixed(i think the only problem is that a transformer blew and maybe the fuse as well). Hopefully it will not cost too much to repair.

Here is the thing, I have $200 in cash (most of which I will probably use to repair my amp).

This is what I want to get before I go to college:

Goods:

1 - Attenuator. I have been looking at the Webber ones and they seem pretty nice. I may end up choosing the 50 watt $150 for my 60 watt tube combo (is that even possible? lol)
2 - MXR 108 10 band EQ
3 - ISP Decimator (regular not G-string)

Services:

1 - Get my amp fixed. $?

Here is the deal, I know that I would have to use my cash to pay for the repairs. I also know that I have more than enough to but the MXR and the ISP with the $300 gift card I have. However, I was browsing Craigslist today and found a used MXR for $70 ($50 off). Its tempting but I do not want to risk spending so much in cash that I wont have enough to repair my amp (which I am hoping wont go above the $200 I have).

What do you think I should do?

Buy the used MXR and pray I have enough for the repair? or but it at GC new with my gift card and be assured that I probably have enough $ to repair the amp.

NOTE: The attenuator will probably be my graduation present or something of the sort so don't worry about that.

Thanks again.
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
If they have to replace the transformer it could get costly, but if they can fix it I don't think the repairs would be too bad, as long as there's nothing else wrong with it. Take it to a tech first and get a quote then decide what you need to do.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^what pretty much happened was that there was some sound fluctuations and then it just turned off, i turned it around and a SMALL amount of smoke was coming out (im talking smallamount as in like when u just blow out a candle)
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
It shouldn't be too much to fix then, but I'd rather be safe and just wait and see if the EQ is still there after the amp is repaired if you can afford it still.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
if you want an amp for your dorm and you dont need your b52 for any gigs or anything you could just buy a cheap used practice amp for 30 bucks. but i would suggest just buying the stuf from and be assured to have enough for repairs
^not an options, I love that tube tone too much to let it go lol
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
Get the amp fixed first.