Hi guys,

My LTD 5 string (a B-1005 to be specific) is producing an annoying crackling noise whenever I play lowers notes with higher volume. I know it's not the battery because I changed it last week, and I know it's nothing acoustic because it doesn't do it when I turn my amp's mute button on. I've also turned all the control knobs all the way around several times just to make sure it's not dust on the resistor plates, so it can't be that either.

It's definitely the bass because it doesn't do it with my 4 string. Does anyone know any other factors that can cause crackle in the sound?
If your amp isn't actually a bass amp that is common and also depending on the quality of the bass amp it is likely to do that at excessive volumes depending on the pickups in the bass.
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
Quote by WolfenGuitarist
If your amp isn't actually a bass amp that is common and also depending on the quality of the bass amp it is likely to do that at excessive volumes depending on the pickups in the bass.

It's definitely not that, I have a Fender Bassman 250, and I can tell if it's peaking anyway because there are peak warning lights for both the preamp and the power amp. I'm certain it's the bass.
Quote by salemboicot
could be a loose wire on the input jack, could be earthing out as you move,
I would check the input jack straight up to see if it is all nifty and everything is
clean and nicely soldered in place.

i had this problem and this turned out to fix it.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by salemboicot
I would check the input jack straight up to see if it is all nifty and everything is

If this doesn't fix it, check the wires and connections going to the pots next. Spray some contact cleaner on them as well why you have them out.
Quote by salemboicot

This.

Check your input jack and make sure that everything is squared away.

Edit: Specify low notes.