Does anyone have any experience with these? I think it's a pretty new model. How would it match up to a Krank rev jr pro head?

The style would need to be metal
I haven't heard much about the Night Train but usually VOX are more classic rock tones and Krank is metal.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Yeah but I can't find the rev jr head anywhere What about a tiny terror?
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 4, 2009,
The Krank Jr is a great metal/alternative head, but the Vox will probably be more of a classic rock head.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
And the Tiny Terror is only good for blues/classic rock/old school metal. It can't do cleans or anything else.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I can only find the head in a "mini stack" package with a little cab to go along with it...
I presume that the Krank would kill the VOX for a metal tone!
However, if your playing modern metal and buy the standard version you will need an OD to get to modern metal territory. Try and track down the 'Pro' version and get an added footswitchable clean and slighty more gain .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
My problem is that I am going to be taking this amp abroad, and I don't want to pay for shipping a 50lbs amp. OD won't be a problem even if I can't find the pro version (which I will try to find now, thanks).
Quote by Mosho2
My problem is that I am going to be taking this amp abroad, and I don't want to pay for shipping a 50lbs amp. OD won't be a problem even if I can't find the pro version (which I will try to find now, thanks).

Also check out the Egnater Rebel 20. IMO, it beats out the Tiny Terror and the Rev Jr. With an overdrive, it can EASILY go into metal territory. It's got a lot of versatility that the Rev Jr. and Tiny Terror do not have. Just my opinion, clips in sig.
It's pretty much a waste to try and make a low tube amp do metal, IMO. For the price of them, you can get a good SS amp that is 1. Gig worthy, and 2. More apt for metal applications.