5 10%
Peavey Classic 30
8 16%
Blackheart handsome devil 15w
3 6%
Orange Tiny Terror
9 18%
Voters: 51.
Ok, I'm gonna need a light amp to carry on a plane. I play metal. It's for practice, and they're heads.

My options:

Krank rev jr pro
Blackstar HT5
Egnater Rebel 20
Peavey Classic 30
Blackheart handsome devil 15w
Orange Tiny Terror

Thanks!

Edit: The guitar is either a Jackson Soloist SL2 or an Esp Eclipse II, will decide and purchase tomorrow.
what kind of metal?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
The Rebel can get do metal with an overdrive. I've heard that the Krank is very muddy. Out of all of them, I'd take either the Blackstar or the Rebel.
the Blackstar is the only logical choice.

it's rediculous that the C30 has the most votes. it can't do metal.
the krank is the only logical choice, since only it and the blackstar can do metal
and it's alot better
I'd imagine the classic 30 has the most votes sbecause of peole not reading thee question and just blatantly reccomending it because thats the general consensus of the forum
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
the krank is the only logical choice, since only it and the blackstar can do metal
and it's alot better
I'd imagine the classic 30 has the most votes sbecause of peole not reading thee question and just blatantly reccomending it because thats the general consensus of the forum

the krank is pretty muddy, like GNRjungle already said.

that only leaves the blackstar
Quote by The red Strat.
the Blackstar is the only logical choice.

it's rediculous that the C30 has the most votes. it can't do metal.

It really depends on your definition of metal, with jj el84s, humbukers, OD, and a closed back cab, the C30 can get pretty nasty. More than capable of hair and early 90's metal bands, even aproaches Underoath gain levels.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by ShredGod George

That's why i voted for the Classic 30, i have one and love one but didn't read the post first.

For Metal you would have to put a distortion pedal before the C30 no question, It will do a good job of Maiden and Sabbath but not a whole lot heavier.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I personally recommend the Rev Jr. Pro - its actually a pretty versatile little amp.

And for all of the people who say its muddy - have you noticed that all Krank amps seem to be a bit on the muddy side? lol
This thread really makes me want to try that Blackstar HT-5H, that's for sure. $299? Really? Can it be good at that price? If it does what the marketing says it was built for it would be perfect for the TS (and a host of others). But I need to try this lil bad boy. The Super Champ rec is what I was going to suggest but I need to try a HT-5H.

Edit: Link for the poster below me. http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-5/ht-5h.html
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 4, 2009,
That Blackstar HT 5

What sort of music is it designed for?

It's going in my possible amp list.
Man these small amps sure are expensive... I can't find the Blackstar anywhere in Canada
Trying it isn't really a problem actually! but I can't order from there...
Would you guys say that the Krank is a better option than, say, a Bugera 6260? For metal.
Quote by Mosho2
Trying it isn't really a problem actually! but I can't order from there...

I don't understand then, they ship to Canada.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.