Alright, I'm planning to buy a tele soon. Being as he's been playing for I believe 43 years(not positive on the exact year, but I know it was sometime in the 1960's) and has failed to give me bad advice so far, I asked my guitar teacher for some opinions when I spoke with him today. He recommended to me a Fender Nashville tele. I looked into it, and as a fan of the mid-bridge setting on a strat but the neck and bridge tones of a tele, I have to say I'm liking what I see. I do want to know though, is there anything on it that allows for the neck-bridge setting? Because, while I'd be willing to sacrifice it for the mid-bridge tone as well as tele neck and bridge tones, I would like the neck-bridge tone from a tele.

Much appreciated as always.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 4, 2009,
Hmm...well, since I already have a strat, would it be more worth my time to get a Nashvilled and get the push-pull added or just use my strat for quack and the tele for snap.

Try the push-pull on your strat. That's the first thing I would try. If it sounds good, keep it and get something else. There's no way to test out the guitars, so start from the cheapest option and go up from there. You'll never get exactly what you're looking for since those 2 guitars are made of different woods, have different bridges, and different pickups.
True. Suppose I'll just poke around with a Nashville tele, a normal tele and my strat next time I head to a shop and see whether I prefer tele single-coils and strat middle positions on one guitar or the classic SS tele, and either way try wiring the push-pull like you said.

couldnt you fit a 5 way switch in it with strat style options?
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube