Man, it's so weird that I'm able to see all these old UK bands reunite and play for 5 Euro, THE DAMNED are playing in a week and it's gonna be awesome... but my problem is that I've never really gotten into alot of them and people here are really into them so I wanna go to shows. Anyways has anyone seen THE UK SUBS lately? Are they any good? I remember in the book GET IN THE VAN, Henry Rollins said they were the only good band they played with in the UK and I trust his judgement.

What do you think? Where should I start with this band?

ACAB.

Oi!

Up the punx!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I´ve never seen UK Subs but I would deffinitely for 5€ ......Warhead is just an awesome song, the bassline at the beginning is extremely easy but you look long to find a better one.

The Damned.....I like some of their old stuff, though I don´t know much, I have a live EP from the end of the 1990s I think, it awful, but if you have the time. But keep in mind for 5€ you get a lot of beer

btw. If you´re still going to Berlin: I´ve said it in the other thread.....I´ve never been to Berlin though as far as I know Berlin had an active squad scene in the 80s and there are still some active alternative spots (e.g.: Rauchhaus). Furthermore there´s Köpi an alternative quarter which had lots of problems the last time.
And you´ve asked me long time ago for GDR punk I could still send you some, though if you can lay your hands on a SCHLEIMKEIM album, then get it, they are the only band I really found which was never caught but always persecuted by the Stasi.
And one more thing not GDR, but west Berlin punk......In the 80s there was an awesome punk band called VORKRIEGSJUGEND, for example THE RESTARTS mention them as influence and they are also on of the big influences of lots of new German punk bands (sad enough noone can reach them even closely......apart from H.M.asS )

EDIT: Subhumans are playing in Modena on 6th march
Last edited by lavazza at Feb 4, 2009,
Don't bother - they're crap.

Not to mention that they sold their souls to hardcore and d beat long ago. Take heed, young Padawan, this is not the UK subs we know and love.
i'd be indifferent but for 5 euros then its probably worth it.

I saw the Damned over Christmas and it was a really good show. Captain sensible wore my hat as well.
I hate the UK Subs. Generic music, bland lyrics, and an irritating voice. That's all my opinion of course though, but personally, I don't care if it's only 5€, that's still money, and they still suck. I've never been big on the whole 'go to shows for the sake of going to shows' thing. I only ever enjoy a show if I really like the bands who are playing.

However, I really like the Damned, and they were in DC recently. My friend said they were still really good (I didn't get to see them...).
DOWN&OUT
^ Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.

The subs have some quite good records from the 70's, but they've completely moved away from that.

The Damned are well worth seeing, and they're still knocking out good albums.
I saw UK Subs last november and they were fantastic, possibly one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time, good energy, good songs and good fun!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I'd probably pay $20 see the Subs, but only if I could be assured they'd their old songs.

Anyway, I'd go if I was you, whyvern.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.

The subs have some quite good records from the 70's, but they've completely moved away from that.

The Damned are well worth seeing, and they're still knocking out good albums.

Well I uh, didn't know how to tell you, but now that the cat's out of the bag...wanna go get coffee some time and discuss my evil Dark Side plans? My treat!
DOWN&OUT
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Only if we go back to mine and slaughter your youngling!

I'll put my saber through your youngling so many times we'll have to go on a second date to Mustafar and dance over lava and by lava, I mean my penis.
DOWN&OUT
I hate alot of the **** the UK subs put out, but another kind of blues is an amazing album...I have heard mixed **** from people about them...it seems like different night different sound type thing, but from what I hear from later material they are total ****...idk...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
5 euro? come on...you may as well just go for The Damned alone! they still have it.

If not just buy a beer with the money....european beer is damn good.
Quote by mike2
I hate alot of the **** the UK subs put out, but another kind of blues is an amazing album...I have heard mixed **** from people about them...it seems like different night different sound type thing, but from what I hear from later material they are total ****...idk...

I feel the same way. I don't like a good amount of their songs, but I still consider myself a fan because the album Diminished Responsibility kicks so much ass.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Man, it's so weird that I'm able to see all these old UK bands reunite and play for 5 Euro, THE DAMNED are playing in a week and it's gonna be awesome... but my problem is that I've never really gotten into alot of them and people here are really into them so I wanna go to shows. Anyways has anyone seen THE UK SUBS lately? Are they any good? I remember in the book GET IN THE VAN, Henry Rollins said they were the only good band they played with in the UK and I trust his judgement.

ACAB.

QUOTE]

Yes.

OmNomNom!

Yhbbz
they were ok.

Better than I thought they would be.

It was 10 euro though... goddamn lying website. I missed the opening bands who I was more excited to see.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern

ACAB.

Oi!

Up the punx!

oh god yes! you NEED to see them. harper still puts on a great show. uk subs are my 2nd fav band to see live (adicts no.1)