I need some pick-ups for a guitar im building. I only want to spend a little on pick-ups now and then if i really like the build i will upgrade. I've heard mixed reviews about these passive emg's. but seeing as i can get a set for $100 (compared to $400 for actives) im thinking about getting em. Should i or are they really terrible?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
They aren't terrible but they're not great tbh, you could probably get better passives for the money (I'm in the UK so I can't help much there). Maybe Dimarzios or SDs.
They are alright but there are better pickups in the same price range.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
amp?

No point with a crap amp.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by PCSpeaker
amp?

No point with a crap amp.

+20
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
The only way I can describe them is that they are great for cleans. But for some reason they sucked the gain out of my amp.

If I plug in my gibby with stock pups and set up the amp for a nice high gain sound. And then plug in my Schecter. I almost have to turn the gain up two or three postions to match the output of the Gibby pups.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.