Ok I have been learning "Never too late " by 3 days grace for about a week . trhee days was spent actually learning the song and the other one was practicing it .

How much time am I supossed to spend practicing a song ?
What is my practice schedule supposed to be ?
until you can play it flawless

everything takes time bro
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
perfection is unattainable. but you should practice so much that you know whats next and that you can play it blindfolded
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
In my old band it'd take a day to learn something simple (this was from start to finish) and practicing the song would only take about 20-30 minutes after that. Saying that, the covers we did were horror/punk tunes and were not all that different from one another, hence the reason why we got good at them fast.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
id say as much as you need.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
why only 5 minutes !?

Ive only been playing for about a month so give me a break .
ok.
you're supposed to learn it at your own speed. so what if somebody learned this song quicker. the old saying is still true, everybody is like a snowflake were each a little different.
If you really, really, really badly want to learn a song, then you can spend as much time on it as you like. You may not make as much progress as you would on an easier song, but it is all motivation.

Don't feel bad if your spending a while learning a song, especially since you are a beginner.
Quote by k7apex
People to Listen to in this thread:
k7apex
Ch0
Carrot
TOMMYB22
GlitterPaws
Quote by GlitterPaws
If you really, really, really badly want to learn a song, then you can spend as much time on it as you like. You may not make as much progress as you would on an easier song, but it is all motivation.

Don't feel bad if your spending a while learning a song, especially since you are a beginner.

That's me.
Don't worry, I'm learning very slowly too.
“The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million.'”
Kobe Bryant
I'll just tell you how I did it. Just starting out I would do part of the song each day. I would practice that section all day until I had it down pat then move on to the next part. It was taking me roughly a week to learn songs. Over time you will get better. Now I canlook at a new tab, and practice the song in its entirety about 5 times and be able to play it without too many mistakes. Back in October I learned Yellow Ledbetter, a song that I used to think was really hard, in about 25 minutes. Just keep practicing and growing as a player. I know you want to jump right into your favorite songs or harder songs, but look at some easier ones and master those and slowly begin to challenge yourself with each song you set out to learn.
Quote by ozy!d!ot
perfection is unattainable. but you should practice so much that you know whats next and that you can play it blindfolded

I like to think of it - 'play it at a level you'd be proud to play in front of other people' rather than to know it like the back of your hand...
It's never going to be perfect but if you have polished it and worked on it to a point where you can be proud and confident of it that's, imo, what you're aiming for.