What Jackson is in the same price range and would you recommend over this LTD, or do you recommend this LTD over a Jackson in the same price range? I play thrash metal (Iced Earth, Metal, Testament) please help me out because I need to make this purchase very soon as I have a gig coming soon, unfortunately I cant try these guitars as I am ordering mine from abroad.

THX
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Even though I love Jackson, the 1000 series LTD's, I hear, are badass. Go with that.
Maybe a new amp?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
A Jackson Slsmg would be pretty good for you I guess , considering it's got a pair of Emg pickups.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
go jackson, no reason on spending a bunch of money on a lower level guitar. get a real esp. you wouldnt go out and spend bookoo money on a squire or epiphone when you could get the real deal would you?
Why would he get an import Jackson instead of a USA than? Anyways, the reason I said LTD is because I prefer the necks on the ESP's & LTD's more then the Jackson. If you're willing to buy used, you would be able to get your hands on something better for that price.
Quote by jymellis
go jackson, no reason on spending a bunch of money on a lower level guitar. get a real esp. you wouldnt go out and spend bookoo money on a squire or epiphone when you could get the real deal would you?

You dont know what youre talking about do you
Hard to say really, Jackson and ESP are the two best rock guitars made. IIRC, that M1000 is about a grand and is neck thru? Pretty good price compared to a jackson neck thru that is going to run $1200-3000 for a USA model. Granted, the LTD is a neck thru, but it's still and overseas LTD, not an ESP.

I prefer Jackson myself, I'd either buy a cheaper USA Jackson like the Demmoltion King V, or that RR that has 24frets and a bridge pickup. Both are around $1200 new.

Another thing to consider is a Jackson Star guitar, Japanese made for the Japanese market only. They are a near copy of the USA select line and are a ton cheaper. You can find a brand new neck thru Jackson star on Ebay for about a grand.

www.jacksonstars.com
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Last edited by RJF at Feb 4, 2009,