Which is better? I have given pros and cons for me for each. I will be getting a job soon and will be able to afford either in about 1 month. The RG is $100 cheaper I think but they are both around $900-1000

RR3
Pros:
Flamed maple top
super sexy
2 volume knobs
Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pups
comes with 9-42 strings which I love\
Alder body
ITS A RHOADS!

Cons:
I have been told they are hard to play

RG350DX
Pros:
HSH pickups
Looks like a JEM
neck is 1/2 as thick compared to the rhoads (I think my maths is wrong, correct me)

Cons:
RG shape
Edge III trem (I like to dive )

I know my pros and cons were pretty biased towards the RR3 but that is because I only had info from what was on the Ibanez/Jackson website, so tell me what you think.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Just for the record, a brand spankin new RR3 will run you about $650. If you went used, you could get one for $300-400 easily. Also, whoever told you they were hard to play was bull****ting you like crazy.
Quote by Vittu0666
Just for the record, a brand spankin new RR3 will run you about $650. If you went used, you could get one for $300-400 easily. Also, whoever told you they were hard to play was bull****ting you like crazy.

He's in Australia....prices are crazy over there. If you plan on ABUSING the trem...go for the RR3. Otherwise, I'd take the Ibanez. The Edge 3 won't give you any problems unless you abuse the piss out of it.
Quote by eyebanez333
He's in Australia....prices are crazy over there. If you plan on ABUSING the trem...go for the RR3. Otherwise, I'd take the Ibanez. The Edge 3 won't give you any problems unless you abuse the piss out of it.

You know, I always forget to check the person's location when talking about prices. Thanks for catching that one.

And yes, that's another thing you have to take into consideration, the Jackson LFR's are known to be incredibly reliable.
try and go used first. newer guitars dont have the build quality they used to no matter hwat brand. but i say go ibanez. try craigslist . com they have it in australia!
Ive owned both, and i liked the RG350 alot better than the RR3. Now mind you, my RG350 was upgraded with Dimarzio pickups (X2N, Blue Velvet, Breed neck), but it totally smoked the RR3 in terms of sound. I found the RR3 to be pretty thin sounding, compared to the RG350 which had a excellent variety of sounds with the pickup combo.

Also, its worth noting that the RR3 has 22 frets, while the RG has 24 plus much better upper fret access. The edge 3 bridge is an average bridge, not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and personally, i have had bad experiences with odd shaped bodies.

Short version... RG350 all the way. Solid guitar for the money.
Last edited by dethfield at Feb 4, 2009,
RR3 all the way, in my opinion it cant match the RG350

i just ordered an RR3 from DV247, only £370, not at all a bad price for a guitar with Alder wood (excellet) the incredibly reliable LoPro Jackson Licenced FR (more excellent) and two SD pickups as standard...

i played a lower model jackson, the DX10 i think, and i put tht against the RG350, and i think that that beats it as well, i find the INF pickups to be very thin sounded, even against the DX10's duncan designed...

just my opinion
Last edited by calummorris1993 at Feb 15, 2009,
RR3 FTW

because when I tell people I have one, they think that I can shred

but I can't
i say go for the RR3, if nothing else, the pups are waaaaaay better. And the ibanez wizard necks (no matter which ones) are just too thin.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
RR3, it's pickups and trem look like god compared to the rg's. Buy used and get it for about 300- 400 American dollars. Plus the body shape, will create wet panties at every gig.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

oh by the way ... i have bought a Jackson RR3 and it was the best investment ive ever made in my life