ok so I'm probably about to get murdered for this but....

as I'm relatively new to UG, I just don't get one thing: Why is it that so many people come down on you like a tonne of bricks when you say something silly or flippant on the non-pit forums. I mean come on, the vast majority of people have a sense of humour (some more than others) but if you make a funny remark anywhere other than the pit, people start complaining, reporting you, and basically being queer.

what the hell is with that!?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
No one minds a funny comment in the other forums, they mind comments that detract from the quality of discussion. It just so happens that most of the stuff we enjoy in the pit would really put a slow down on effective communication when it comes to serious discussion.
You shouldn't take The Pit too seriously dude, most of the time it's just for a laugh

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The non-pit forums are for proper discussion. If you're there to post rubbish or flame you deserve it.
i know what you mean, one time a guy was asking somthing about guitar lessons, and i suggested he take lessons from a deaf guy, then a whole bunch of people got pissed off at me
we're anti-social goblins.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.