fender frontman 65w 1x12 or Kustom Double Barrel 30W 2x12?

or is there something else.. i dont want to buy cheapo brands only proper makes.
Neither.

Whats your budget? Where do you live? What tones are you after?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
depending on your budget, i would say either Mesa dual rec or Peavey 6505 if you go the cash, the combos would do you just fine,

but if you DON'T have the cash maybe a Spyder valve or possibly a bugera
^ id say combo bugera 333xl. i really wanted a spyder valve until i played one and realized the built in distortion wasnt that great. but theyre both pretty good amps for the price so i would recommend either.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by Molten
i dont want to buy cheapo brands only proper makes.

So you pick the cheapo amps from the "proper brands"?

A)....a quick use of the search bar will reveal that this question is asked many times a day, and no, you're not special.

B) You have to list a budget if you want an answer. Read the stickies before posting threads.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Don't bother with any of them man, just get a line 6 Spider III, they're the best! you get so many tones! they're wicked!

It's ok, I'm joking
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
marshall mg....the overdrive is crushing!!!! zakk wylde says so.....now would zack wylde lie to YOU?
Quote by georgakis187
marshall mg....the overdrive is crushing!!!! zakk wylde says so.....now would zack wylde lie to YOU?

This
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
What makes a brand cheapo?
Also, what makes a brand proper?

Explain yourself boyyy! Or girl, or it, or...
Sweet.
If you want something that can play metal, get a Peavey 6505 or a Mesa of sorts or a Peavey XXX. They all have different tones though by the way. A Mesa Mk5 would be quite nice, but it's also like $2000 for the head I think.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Okay you guys obviously you can tell that this dude doesnt have alot of money by the ones he has as his choices.

I personally own a Kustom Double Barrel (IT IS NOT 30watts, it 60, 30 in each speaker.) and it is a nice amp you can get good cleans and i found a Metal distortion very easily

Fenders simply dont do metal
If you're on a tight budget and want good metal tone, find a used Peavey XXX 112 combo (and save up for it I guess).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by A6stringrythm
Okay you guys obviously you can tell that this dude doesnt have alot of money by the ones he has as his choices.

I personally own a Kustom Double Barrel (IT IS NOT 30watts, it 60, 30 in each speaker.) and it is a nice amp you can get good cleans and i found a Metal distortion very easily

Fenders simply dont do metal

A)..doesn't mean a budget wouldn't clear things up.
B) 2 30w speakers ≠ 60w. It's a 30w power section, meaning it's a 30w amp.
C) Supersonic?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.