Page 1 of 2
Wel actually it IS another what guitar thread.

I've got around 600 euros, and I want a new metal axe, can you guys help me make my decision?
Quote by jymellis
ibanez

well, actually I have played some ibanez guitars, and I didn't really like them, they sounded really thin in my opinion
that helped. they only make what, 200 different guitar models?
Jeebus.

Ibanez is a good company. I'd recommend them. Look at the RG Fixed or Trem Series to find some nice ones.

Jackson Dinky, Soloist, Rhoads model, King V

Dare I say it: Schecter. Can't specifically name models as I hate them and don't bother to learn the model names.

Uh yeah. There's a couple for ya.
Quote by Omgitstheflood
well, actually I have played some ibanez guitars, and I didn't really like them, they sounded really thin in my opinion

what amp where you using?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
Ibanez is a good company. I'd recommend them. Look at the RG Fixed or Trem Series to find some nice ones.

+1
Quote by Omgitstheflood
a roland cube 30x

Then here's a question for you: is that one any good? Looking into buying it (first amp)
theres your problem buddy. try it on a real amp lol. aslo try another ibanez model. i have been playing them since the mid 80s. yes there are some that sound thin, but they are relatively good guitars. try looking for an older used one. the newer ones (like all guitars) have a higher price tag but lesser build quality.
Either a new amp or an ESP.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by jymellis
and not an ltd lol.

Not an LTD? ESPs are very expensive, why not an LTD? They're still good quality guitars.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Not an LTD? ESPs are very expensive, why not an LTD? They're still good quality guitars.

would you go and tell someone to buy a squire or a fender? a gibson or an epiphone? ltd is the squire of esp.
Quote by jymellis
would you go and tell someone to buy a squire or a fender? a gibson or an epiphone? ltd is the squire of esp.

Yeah but a lot of their models sound superb and on the same level. compared to how Squier sounds to Fender, or Epi to Gibson. It's just that they're made in a different country than the actual ESP models. Stop being such a close-minded dick. Not everyone can afford the really flashy, expensive ****. It's called working towards what you want.

On another note, if you tried it in the store, most floor model guitars have 9s (as in strings) put on. they're a bit thin and provide for a slightly wiry sound, so don't base your entire prejudice off of that possibility.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah but a lot of their models sound superb and on the same level. compared to how Squier sounds to Fender, or Epi to Gibson. It's just that they're made in a different country than the actual ESP models. Stop being such a close-minded dick. Not everyone can afford the really flashy, expensive ****. It's called working towards what you want.

On another note, if you tried it in the store, most floor model guitars have 9s (as in strings) put on. they're a bit thin and provide for a slightly wiry sound, so don't base your entire prejudice off of that possibility.

and how many esps have you played? NOT ltd.
Quote by jymellis

But unlike squier, they're not ****. That's the difference.

And I would tell someone to get a epiphone over a gibson anyday. Gibsons are ridiculously overpriced, and I was never wowed by their guitars, seeing as epiphone are near enough the same quality, if not in some cases, on par.

And bearing in mind the price gap between LTD and ESP...LTD is an affordable option who chuck out plenty of good pieces.

EDIT: Also, TS said 600 euros. Find me an ESP for 600 euros, seriously.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Feb 4, 2009,
I play them all the time at a local store here in Charlotte. The lady in there has a number of ESPs and LTDs. The higher end LTDs sound exactly the same as the ESPs. Given, some cheap LTDs are kinda ****, that's no reason to assume they all sound like ****. Biased assumptions only make you look like a dick.

How many have you actually played?
just a quick guess, about 10 esps( in the last 20 years) and nearly every ltd at my guitar center in the last 2 years. if you want a better guitar go esp. if you want a lower quality guitar go ltd. fact of the matter is ltd are a lower level esp. like it or not. call me all the names you want. its the facts. and no body cares who likes gibson. and you said it yourself. they are nearly as good.
Quote by Mazzakazza
You don't seem to grasp the idea of a 600 euro budget, do you?

you dont seem to grasp the idea of actually looking for one do you?
Guitar center doesn't stock LTD, dude. Or it would have showed on their website.

The only difference between ESP and LTD is the country they're made in. Now given, the lower end ltds are complete ****, the higher end ones can hold their own just as well against any ESP model. Given why so many artist signatures are LTDs, right?

Roope Latvala, Rob Arnold, Matt Devries, Wayne Static, Dan Jacobs, Travis Miguel. Yeah, those guys definitely are playing ****ty guitars, right?
Quote by jymellis
you dont seem to grasp the idea of actually looking for one do you?

There -aren't- any, except the GL which isn't that great imo.

That's it. You found all of them.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Guitar center doesn't stock LTD, dude. Or it would have showed on their website.

The only difference between ESP and LTD is the country they're made in. Now given, the lower end ltds are complete ****, the higher end ones can hold their own just as well against any ESP model. Given why so many artist signatures are LTDs, right?

Roope Latvala, Rob Arnold, Matt Devries, Wayne Static, Dan Jacobs, Travis Miguel. Yeah, those guys definitely are playing ****ty guitars, right?

ESP do ESP and LTD sig models, they're basically the same, but built to different quality. i.e. the artists use ESPs, and ESP sell those models as ESP, but they also do LTD versions of them, which are cheaper.

My point was that, although LTD 'is' the 'squier' of ESP, the quality difference is nowhere near that noticeable.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Feb 4, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Guitar center doesn't stock LTD, dude. Or it would have showed on their website.

um yes guitar center does stok ltd, have you ever been to one or just stare at your pc thinking it tells only truth? and why do you think the kirk hammet ig is available in a ltd or esp model? because the esp is the better guitar! the point is, if you cant afford the guitar you want why settle on a lesser version. save a little longer and you can have the real deal. it will pay off in the end because you will have a quality instruement. do you think i have enough money to just go out and buy 1,500.00 dollar 7 strings? no i save. now i have a few to choose from depending on what i want to play.
Quote by Mazzakazza
There -aren't- any, except the GL which isn't that great imo.

That's it. You found all of them.

ESP do ESP and LTD sig models, they're basically the same, but built to different quality. i.e. the artists use ESPs, and ESP sell those models as ESP, but they also do LTD versions of them, which are cheaper.

My point was that, although LTD 'is' the 'squier' of ESP, the quality difference is nowhere near that noticeable.

i saw on another one of your posts your a ss.org member. screen name?
im on ss.org under the same name and dont recall ever seeing you on there. i have almost 1000 posts there and figured i woulda remembered ya.
Quote by jymellis
um yes guitar center does stok ltd, have you ever been to one or just stare at your pc thinking it tells only truth? and why do you think the kirk hammet ig is available in a ltd or esp model? because the esp is the better guitar! the point is, if you cant afford the guitar you want why settle on a lesser version. save a little longer and you can have the real deal. it will pay off in the end because you will have a quality instruement.

I visit GC at least once a week, homeboy. Stop taking cheap shots because you lack the IQ to put forth an unbiased, intelligent argument. Why would you need the exact guitar anyway? That'd just make you look like a poser. Get the slighter less expensive model and make your own legacy with it. I'd love to hear a story of how someone became famous from playing someone else's guitar.

do you think i have enough money to just go out and buy 1,500.00 dollar 7 strings? no i save. now i have a few to choose from depending on what i want to play.

Yet you bought a "cheap indonesian-made $300 entry level 7 string" as you put it. Take your own advice.
I mostly lurk on SS, though I bought a 7 off a member there in '08.

I read it for the interviews and browse the forums occasionally, so my posts on there are few and far between! :p
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I visit GC at least once a week, homeboy. Stop taking cheap shots because you lack the IQ to put forth an unbiased, intelligent argument. Why would you need the exact guitar anyway? That'd just make you look like a poser. Get the slighter less expensive model and make your own legacy with it. I'd love to hear a story of how someone became famous from playing someone else's guitar.

Yet you bought a "cheap indonesian-made $300 entry level 7 string" as you put it. Take your own advice.

thats right. i needed a fixed bridge beater for tuning changes. my expensive floating bridge iby sevens take a little longer to drop tune and who said anything about playing someone elses guitar? nobody added any names but you. so lets see you make your own legacy with a cheap guitar lol.
Quote by Mazzakazza
I mostly lurk on SS, though I bought a 7 off a member there in '08.

I read it for the interviews and browse the forums occasionally, so my posts on there are few and far between! :p

word, is that where you got the 1527 you mentioned? how much you want shipped to usa or are you only dealing local to the uk? i prefer to buy from other members of ss.org before giving my money to someone on ebay or c.l.
Quote by jymellis
and why do you think the kirk hammet ig is available in a ltd or esp model? because the esp is the better guitar!

That certainly looks like a name-drop to me

Anyone can make their own legacy with any guitar they choose. Simply because I'm not out there buying multi-thousand dollar custom shops doesn't make me any less skilled than the next guy. $$$ does not necessarily equal automatic fame-winning playing skills.

Example: If Fender put out a Jimi Hendrix tribute guitar that was spot-on to his original, and they charged like $3k for it, who would buy it? Collectors, fanatics, but not necessarily anyone looking to make their own name in music. Anyone that would do that deserves to be branded as a Jimi-clone.
Yeah man.

Local shipping would be preferable, and it'll cost you a packet to get it over to the USA (Buyer pays for delivery), so it's up to you. I can find out how much it would be to deliver to you, if you PM me a state or address.
Quote by jymellis

Wrong.

LTD is to ESP as the MIM stuff is to Fender, only with better QC on the 400 series and up.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']That certainly looks like a name-drop to me

Anyone can make their own legacy with any guitar they choose. Simply because I'm not out there buying multi-thousand dollar custom shops doesn't make me any less skilled than the next guy. $$$ does not necessarily equal automatic fame-winning playing skills.

Example: If Fender put out a Jimi Hendrix tribute guitar that was spot-on to his original, and they charged like $3k for it, who would buy it? Collectors, fanatics, but not necessarily anyone looking to make their own name in music. Anyone that would do that deserves to be branded as a Jimi-clone.

it was an example, i dont like metallica. i didnt even like them when they first came out. yes i am that old and have been playing that long lol.
I could care less what your musical tastes are, or your age. Could you at least try to stay on track. Or are you all burnt out with nothing else to say?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I could care less what your musical tastes are, or your age. Could you at least try to stay on track. Or are you all burnt out with nothing else to say?

what i couldnt hear you over the buzz of your "legacy" of awesome skills
quote: Guitar Center is like the short bus of guitar shops: it may have AC and a radio, but it's full of retards. :quote

explains why you are in there once a week
You're an idiot.

EDIT: I go in once a week to talk to the girl behind the counter and mess with the amps. I have a bad habit of rewiring peavey heads to marshall cabs to mess with the drunk dude that works there

And try not to double post, it pisses off the mods.

Once again, taking cheap shots does not count as intelligent input in a discussion. Learn that little tidbit quick, and learn it well to avoid having your ass handed to you on here.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 4, 2009,
Page 1 of 2