I have been looking into dreads and dread products lately, and I am wondering if it is worth the money to go get my hair dreaded for me?

I am going to wait until after swim class is over, so in 10 weeks my hair should be about 5 or 6 inches long. Will this be enough to start dreading?

Any tips or sites that you think would be helpful is much appreciated.

Oh, I do have naturally curly hair. Enough so that I have a fro, before I originally cut it off I looked like a thin version of Claudio Sanchez (Vocalist/Guitarist from Coheed and Cambria).
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
after dreads your hair will be about half as long as without. do you want proffesional looking dreads or a head that looks like your buddies got your drunk and poured glue in your hair?
IMO dreads just look dirty. You might want to think of life around your hair. Will it affect your job? I'm guessing since you have swim class, your at most in high school. However, most jobs will decline you because of your hair. It's sad but true. I used to have hair to the middle of my back, shaven on the sides. I did a good 50 interviews with absolutely no luck except KFC. I cut my hair short, kept my clothing the same, and when I went out looking for another job 2 weeks after starting KFC I was offered jobs by 4 out of 5 interviews.

However, if it's what you truly want to do, hopefully no one judges you on it.
I want fat professional looking dreads.

How long should my hair be before I should attempt to dread it?
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by syntheticocean
IMO dreads just look dirty. You might want to think of life around your hair. Will it affect your job? I'm guessing since you have swim class, your at most in high school. However, most jobs will decline you because of your hair. It's sad but true. I used to have hair to the middle of my back, shaven on the sides. I did a good 50 interviews with absolutely no luck except KFC. I cut my hair short, kept my clothing the same, and when I went out looking for another job 2 weeks after starting KFC I was offered jobs by 4 out of 5 interviews.

However, if it's what you truly want to do, hopefully no one judges you on it.

I want to do it in life while I can, I am a senior and after college I am going to cut it all off.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
^That
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
With 5 inch hair your dread will be about 2.5 inches long, WORK IT OUT!. Also, GROW SOME ORIGINALITY! All college kids get dreads, scruffy ****ers.
i was going to get dreads but then i figured, dreads are for people who want to stand out and cant with their personality , so its sort of a cop out in terms of getting noticed

which is why I do not have dreads, but they are pretty cool if your in a reggae band otherwise no IMO, do what you want though