well gee thanks, i knew that, i like lighter strings, and i am trying to play with .13's but i just don't like them, and i figure that 12's would be good, so that's why i'm wondering if .11's would be okay also, if so than that's what i would use
Hah, drop A! Planning to play some Nile? I have .12's and drop A doesn't work out too well. I keep the guitar in E flat most of the time.
------------------
It will probably get to floppy after drop C. 12's are ideal for drop C. 13's are the way to go for anything lower then that.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Metalmaker
well gee thanks, i knew that, i like lighter strings, and i am trying to play with .13's but i just don't like them, and i figure that 12's would be good, so that's why i'm wondering if .11's would be okay also, if so than that's what i would use

well gee thanks, you never even told me what kinda guitar ,scale length, or trem/bridge type.
On my guitar, my 11's take me down to drop C pretty comfortably, B works okay, but below that its not too great anymore.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Be more specific
11's ???

11-49? 11-50? 11-52? 11-54?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i had 11-54 (Ernieball Beefy?) and they worked great i tuned down to drop A and stayed in tune pretty well .... i remember i was learn a few korn songs ^_^
Quote by A6stringrythm
i had 11-54 (Ernieball Beefy?) and they worked great i tuned down to drop A and stayed in tune pretty well .... i remember i was learn a few korn songs ^_^

drop A or A standard?
I use Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkies and then get a wound G because I hate the plain .24 in the set. I tune down to C and my low strings sound like I am unjustifiably bombing a foreign land. Its epic.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Sigged ^

Quote by Van Noord
Be more specific
11's ???

11-49? 11-50? 11-52? 11-54?

I don't know if that's directed at me or TS, but I meant 11 - 52
sorry. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
Sigged ^

I don't know if that's directed at me or TS, but I meant 11 - 52
sorry. :P
I guess it was a general request. Players often refer to string sets by only saying the 1st string.
As we all know, the sets vary with regards to gauge past the first string.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
11-52 will be good for down to about C# standard or Dropped C. 11-54 would be better for dropped C, I think, and can be good (but a lil floppy) down to about Drop B.
You'll wanna get a 7-string set with a low string of at least 60 for drop A, and take off the high E, so it should be 13-60 with a wound third string. that's IMO of course, based on my own experience with 25.5" scale guitars.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 4, 2009,
I use 11-50 for drop Bb.

Works fine for me.
I've got 11-54 in that same tuning and the low string goes out of tune if I hit it too hard. Probably would help if the axe was intonated !
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
I've got 11-54 in that same tuning and the low string goes out of tune if I hit it too hard. Probably would help if the axe was intonated !

True.

I use that tuning to play Electric Wizard type stuff, so I like the spongy ness.