I'm looking for a les paul with the '60 slim taper neck. Doesn't really matter if it's a copy or not. Quality wise it should be at least on par with Epi Custom
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

try looking at the LTD EC-400/401 FV (w/ 401 being the new model) they look better and sound than the Epi and i would asume that since its LTD its got a thin(er) neck than most LP's
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Just about any gibson is not in the pricerange of a Epi custom.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
PRS tremonti SE has a fairly slim neck.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Tokai!
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
i had a hondo2 les paul copy (70's) and that was really good, came with dimarzio's as standard. it wasn't the best colour (burgundy) but was one of 350 of that colour made so was pretty damn rare.

that had a really thin neck, which was great for me cos i got fat hands lol.
Quote by sandman-105
try looking at the LTD EC-400/401 FV (w/ 401 being the new model) they look better and sound than the Epi and i would asume that since its LTD its got a thin(er) neck than most LP's

I'd personally hunt down a 400 series since the new 401's are made in Indonesia, but still sold at Korean prices.

The Hagstrom Ultra Swede is also a cool alternative.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
you could just type into ebay les paul lawsuit. there are alot of older import versions of the les paul that had thinner necks. hondo2 like the other member mentioned. ibanez made some also (thats actually how they got started).
Try looking into the alredy brands mentioned in this thread, Agile, Tokai and Hagström.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Dunno about Agile, but Tokai, Vintage and Rally certainly all make guitars with necks roughly close to the 60's slim taper profile.

Epiphone's neck is also not far off the 60's profile, just a tiny bit thicker at the higher frets. Some of their guitar's necks are even slimmer than the 60's neck (the Joe Perry, Zakk Wylde and Prophecy guitars, plus I think the Iommi SG too).

ESP-LTD also make LP copies with even slimmer necks than the 60's neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get any Gibson/Epiphone with a bolt on neck, take the neck out and sell it for the lulz, buy an Ibanez Wizard II neck and it will be bro0talz.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Epi Prophecy series.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Baby Joel
Get any Gibson/Epiphone with a bolt on neck, take the neck out and sell it for the lulz, buy an Ibanez Wizard II neck and it will be bro0talz.

If Wizard II necks weren't completely shit, this idea might not have completely failed.
Quote by jymellis
you could just type into ebay les paul lawsuit. there are alot of older import versions of the les paul that had thinner necks. hondo2 like the other member mentioned. ibanez made some also (thats actually how they got started).

Not to start another bitch fit between us ( ) but that's wrong in some areas. I just did a report on Ibanez for a class of mine. Ibanez actually started as Hoshino Gakko, a division of Hoshino Shoten book stores. They began making Salvador Ibanez guitars after the workshop was destroyed during the Spanish Civil War. In the 50's and sixties, they began doing copies of EKO and Hagstrom's. It wasn't until the late sixties when they got an HQ in the US that they started copying Fenders, Gibsons, and Rickenbackers
Quote by Horlicks
If Wizard II necks weren't completely shit, this idea might not have completely failed.

If I was serious, it might have succeeded a bit more. But yeah, Wizard II suck.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Agile AL-3000 with a slim neck profile
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Hagstrom Ultralux's have paper thin necks plus a coil tap for a little more versatility in your tone. They'd be my recommendation to at least check out.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Baby Joel

Nooooo! I hate Wizard II!

I have owned a ESP/LTD 1000 line (proofs in my profile gallery...) and liked the neck but didn't really liked the body. It's hard to describe but it didnt feel like a Les Paul.

And yo, I own a Agile 3100 :p. The neck is a bit chunky for my taste. The slim neck they're offering is WAY too SLIM. Thickness at first fret is only 17mm (Ibanez Wizard II is 19mm). I will have to have a fuken microscope to hold that one!

Hagström is alright. But again, I don't really like the shape. The regular Swede is too 'fat' while the ultra swede is too 'thin'.

Tokai does interest me. Problem is that, like Epiphone, they don't talk **** about which guitar has which neck profile.

Maybe I will go with a Schecter... Their neck should be just about a bit thinner than the '60 necks.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Feb 5, 2009,
TS the only lp's ive found that have the neck your looking for, are the new epi prophcy guitars. the only Gibson lp that had a thin neck has been discontinued. good luck finding a used one.
the discontinued one is the LP special with Dual humbuckers in cherry red, it has no pickguard and you can clearly see the grain of the wood.
i fell in love with that guitar in long and mcquade, and i still regret not purchasing that guitar cause i cant find it anywhere else.
Then get a ESP Eclipse FT or go to ESP custom shop and they will make you anything you desire.

Quote by hminh87
Nooooo! I hate Wizard II!

I have owned a ESP/LTD 1000 line (proofs in my profile gallery...) and liked the neck but didn't really liked the body. It's hard to describe but it didnt feel like a Les Paul.

And yo, I own a Agile 3100 :p. The neck is a bit chunky for my taste. The slim neck they're offering is WAY too SLIM. Thickness at first fret is only 17mm (Ibanez Wizard II is 19mm). I will have to have a fuken microscope to hold that one!

Hagström is alright. But again, I don't really like the shape. The regular Swede is too 'fat' while the ultra swede is too 'thin'.

Tokai does interests me. Problem is that, like Epiphone, they don't talk **** about which guitar has which neck profile.

Maybe I will go with a Schecter... Their neck should be just about a bit thinner than the '60 necks.
Quote by convictionless
TS the only lp's ive found that have the neck your looking for, are the new epi prophcy guitars. the only Gibson lp that had a thin neck has been discontinued. good luck finding a used one.
the discontinued one is the LP special with Dual humbuckers in cherry red, it has no pickguard and you can clearly see the grain of the wood.
i fell in love with that guitar in long and mcquade, and i still regret not purchasing that guitar cause i cant find it anywhere else.

Now that's a bad news... Gib/Epi will someday regret this.

Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Then get a ESP Eclipse FT or go to ESP custom shop and they will make you anything you desire.

That will bankrupt me :p

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i know,but gibson wants to make there "good" or more "desired" guitars less available so gibson has some pull in the industry.
Yeah, Schecter is a good idea. I'd suggest the C-1 Classic. It's like an LP in strat-like form.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, Schecter is a good idea. I'd suggest the C-1 Plus. It's like an LP in strat-like form.

Fixed, unless he wants the Strat-type scale.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fixed, unless he wants the Strat-type scale.

true, forgot about that. I have a 24.75" scale guitar (Epi LP standard). I really don't feel a difference between the scale length too much (I actually think the 25.5" is easier to play).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
true, forgot about that. I have a 24.75" scale guitar (Epi LP standard). I really don't feel a difference between the scale length too much (I actually think the 25.5" is easier to play).

It's not just a matter of playability though; the tone's also different, but you probably know already because you have a LP and you apparently prefer 25.5".
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's not just a matter of playability though; the tone's also different, but you probably know already because you have a LP and you apparently prefer 25.5".

Yeah, thinking back I shoulda bought a C-1...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Is there any Epiphone Custom with slim neck?. You know the one with black gloss finish, body/headstock binding, block inlays and maybe ebony fretboard.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Is there any Epiphone Custom with slim neck?. You know the one with black gloss finish, body/headstock binding, block inlays and maybe ebony fretboard.
Epi's have a neck just a little thicker than a 60's neck/Fender neck. That's already pretty slim.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Epi's have a neck just a little thicker than a 60's neck/Fender neck. That's already pretty slim.

But I also heard stories about Epi with horribly chunky necks. My local music store closed down so I only have the option to order online.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

If you can only order online then don't consider any Epiphone anyway then. Their QC is so random you have to try before you buy, if you buy any Epi online you might as well piss your money away because you'll probably get a bad one.

Though for what it's worth the Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Joe Perry LP and I think the Iommi SG all have slim-taper necks about as slim/a little bit slimmer than most Gibson 60's necks. Then there's the Prophecy series too.