Im currently writting a hardcore/melodic song (kinda like parkway drive with my own touch) and so far its pretty good.

The song is almost complete (minor correction) and im currently writting the solo but i dont know what I should put as rhythm guitar (should i put something like the bridge rhythm or the chorus or simply write a new rhythm part??

Any help would be appreciated
Decide the rythmn you want underneath the solo, and then solo over it in key. Or work out the solo's key(s) and write a new rythmn that complements the solo. I'd usually aim for the 1st idea.
Quote by Myshadow46_2
Decide the rythmn you want underneath the solo, and then solo over it in key. Or work out the solo's key(s) and write a new rythmn that complements the solo. I'd usually aim for the 1st idea.

Totally agree with you. But if you end up reusing another part of the song i would definetly use the chorus or maybe the verse. The bridge never sounds good with a solo over it unless the bridge leads right into the solo part.
you're kind of doing it back to front - write your song first so you know the chords you're playing over. That means you'll know what key you're in and therefore what scales will work.

Doing it your way is like trying to construct a wedding cake by starting with the icing. Sure, you can do it that way, but it's a hell of a lot more difficuly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com