I'm looking for a nice hand crafted wooden stand for a Dread.... I want it to look good, but under $200.. unless it's absolutely fabulous.

Any suggestions?
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Couldn't recommend anything for you mate, I'm hung at the mo on what stands would fit a B.C. Rich...
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
^ That last link... $555 for a guitar stand? O___O...
I don't think I would spend more than $50 on a guitar stand, let alone $500+, haha.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-Sapele-Mahogany-Guitar-Stand?sku=451020
This was the first one I could think of.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Woah, some of the stands from Jim's links are simply beautiful. But I would rather spend that money on a guitar than on a stand though. =D
I can't see paying $500 + for that last one.. .but I like it. If I get frustrated I stomp on the "footpedal" and send the guitar flying accross the room and inbed it in the drywall.
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
I have the ten buck stands now. I just thinking of something more aesthetically pleasing.

I think I might wait until summer though and steal one of the simpler designs and built it myself.

I kind of like this for the DYI aspect.
http://www.slayframe.com/
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

I was actually thinking the same thing. I hadn't ever really put any thought into guitar stands, but it would be pretty cool to have a really nice, figured wood acoustic guitar stand... but I'm dang sure not shelling out that much money to buy one. I think I could build one pretty easily. I like the design you linked to above.

I think I just might have to do this!
I keep thinking I could shell it out, but when it comes to pressing that "Add to Cart" button... it just doesn't happen LOL

This one is interesting for camping or other places away from home.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Farleys-Stage-Player-Guitar-Stand-Stool?sku=452031
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Quote by jimtaka

Me too. No point in anything else. Save the extra money and spend it on something better.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

I was actually thinking of making a small table the shape of a pick(triangular with rounded corners 3 foot equilaterral) and inlaying "fender" in it...I would have a small dish hollowed a bit to put picks and junk in it, in the center. On all 3 sides I would have a place to rest a guitar-neck and the legs would stick out to hold the body off the floor like a regular git stand...if u dig where Im going...I think it'd be great...but i am a bit tweaked in da brains
LOL @ Tweaked in the brains. I'm from Canada... .so that could have a slightly different meaning than intended ... but the table sounds like a cool idea. Some serious work, but very cool if you follow through .... If you do, make sure to post some pics.
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Im pretty sure Im going to do it..Its a matter of time...and materials...atm I have some nice birch plywood I may try out before I spend real money on something stellar, altho I suppose it could be veneered...but a nice flame would look brilliant, and almost like a guitar pick.... Im not the most handy guy at finish work, But I think I could handle a small table....and yeah Ill post pics along the process when I get started....maybe make up some plans for people use

edit: what does tweaked me in canada?
I'm not sure what's appropriate to say on this site, so here's a quick link.

http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/freedom/bc-bud.html

hehe
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

ba hahahahahhah

Okies.
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

I kinda like these jobbies myself. Can't accidentally knock it off the stand cuz it's locked in at the top of the neck. I've got a 1 yr old grandson who is just starting to learn how to walk, and he's gonna be a menace I can tell already. Better safe than sorry.