... and in with the Boogie!

After almost a year with my Orange Thunderverb 50 I decided that I needed a high gain amp for the kind of music I play.

If anyone's interested here's the TV, $800 with 2 days left ...

Oops I guess I can't post my ebay auction here. PM me if you want the link

I'm getting a used 3 channel Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. Woot woot. I looked at Peavey 6505+ and XXX and Randall T2 V2, but the boogie has better cleans on top of having all kinds of gain.

It's coming in from a Canadian Ebayer so there will be no taxes. $1500US shipped was a little high but not too bad.

I've also ordered a Mesa Boogie 2x12 VERTICAL cab from my local shop. Doesn't it look cool ...

Yahooooooo.
Last edited by JackoMBA at Feb 4, 2009,
HNAD, I've always wanted a Mesa for higher gain things...

(I don't think you're allowed to post your own eBay links though...)
Aren't theses amps $1999 new? I would have bought a new one with a full warranty. Just my opinion.
Also, I think the amp head is going to hang off both sides of that vertical cab because it's wider. It will kind of look weird. Again, just my opinion.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I've tried a Dual Rectifier, not the one I'm getting.

$1500 is $1830 canadian. A new one is $2350 canadian + 15% tax = $2,703. The difference I saved pays for the cab. Of course, if I got scammed, then shame on me

I realize the head a is a little wider than the cab (2 inches) but I really wanted it 1/2 stack level for tweaking but didn't want the weight of a 4x12.

I'll post some pics of the set up.

Quote by Horlicks
You've tried it right? Please tell me you've tried it.
I think you paid way too much for the Recto, but if you like it, more power to ya

Pics when it comes!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i sent you a pm...
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
EEEK. Sorry about that. Anyone interested can PM me for a link. It's up to $1150.

Cheerz.

Quote by forsaknazrael

BTW, you need to take your eBay link down. That's against the rules. Don't be surprised if you get a warning/ban from it.
He means that the 3 channel version is alot buzzier/harsher than the 2 channel.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
grrr....I wouldn't mind having a TV50 but I have like no money for an amp (all invested in a new guitar) . Good luck with the Mesa, hope it's what you're looking for.