Page 1 of 5
Wat in teh Werld?

*takes in a large breath of air*

A smoker, I am.
And in this age of the apparent smoker's requiem, I stand with prideful arrogance against the de-meaningful misanthropy our generation has approved for the labels we smokers absorb on a daily basis, and will fulfill my habit, not only as an addiction, but as a virtue. Mind you: my message will be written with shaky, tar-stained fingers; a barrage of smoky second-hand carbon dioxide; and an unwavering disregard to the pre-mature aging that is evident in my youthful vessel.
Maybe I should hang a sign above my head that says: "Stand 25 ft. away."

*pops an illegally downloaded audio version of "Cure for Cancer" in the CD player*

I've become weary of the lack of respect our society embarrasses itself with, in perspective of an individual's choice to transcend the sociological barriers that relentlessly demote using tobacco products. Slowly but surely, this offensive entity has found it's way into every bit of the vacancy I've reserved soley for the compassion and philanthropism I once thought the blatant ignorance constantly entertained by our generation of wilting people, deserve. Now everytime I step out of my employer's "smoker boundaries" to wind down with a quick puff, I almost always hear forced coughs and averting stares, not away from my direction, but in my line of fire. It seems my only defense here is to put the very innocent cigarette butt in it's politically correct destination of rest - a bucket filled with sand.
Outside of job perimeters, a pretentious gesture like that could result in you walking back home with a nicely gargled dosage of yellowish-brownish tinted phlegm, spat upon your arrogant face.

Pathetic, are the commercials. Embarrassing, are the petitions. Stupid; observantly - we, the people.

Since when did it become necessary to force this nonsense into the weak minds of the masses?
It's. A. Personal. Choice, that thankfully puts a damper on my now, perpetual stress these obstacles weigh down upon so uninvitedly. I wish I'd see posters and commercials saying: "Being obese kills children in Africa and causes mass cult-suicides; so stop feeding your face, fatty." Or rather: "Getting drunk makes you worship Satan and rape spider monkeys that have AIDS while driving snow-plows through poor orphanages, so put down that bottle and go to an AA meeting, you worthless, unrecoverable piece of trash."
How about: "Public displays of affection support world-terrorism and nuclear warfare, so, remember: you can't hug each other with nuclear arms."

Ugh.

For lack of a better term: it's, soooo blown out of proportion.
Yes, the health threats are evident.
Yes, it may seem like a stupid decision; but remember, it's not your decision unless you're making it -
so, I think I speak on behalf of all smokers everywhere when I say: "Shut your annoyingly useless mouths and let me smoke in peace."

*exhales, and feels much better*

Anyway, how was everyone's day today?
Good, I hope.

*lights a cig*
There's a road that leads to the end of all suffering. You should take it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
wat in teh pit
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Smoking is bad.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
fine, thanks.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
I hate the smell of smoke, and if the only way to get smokers to **** off away from me is to continually slag them off then I'll do it. Or perhaps beat them with a sledgehammer.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by .QOTSA.
I dont agree, but i like the way you write
why, thank you.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by Sirnogbert
I hate the smell of smoke, and if the only way to get smokers to **** off away from me is to continually slag them off then I'll do it. Or perhaps beat them with a sledgehammer.

+ 1
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
ottoavist, you are a ****ing douche.
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by Sirnogbert
maybe we should consider the same option for the obese.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
I guess part of it is you are told you harm others by smoking in public place, which as a non-smoker I'm pretty grateful for actually. It's not nice having someone puffing in your face. Also, the adverts (or commercials) in my opinion are more aimed at preventing people from starting, which is obviously a good thing. I guess it's just the shock of the facts they come out with.

It's fair to say i disagree, but go ahead and enjoy yourself, I won't be joining you.
Last edited by Callumcafc at Feb 4, 2009,
Smokings a bad addiction, but you could do worse - As long as you don't do it in front of me, I'm cool with it.

I don't see what you're all complaining about though, the way you smokers go on about this is a bit like a reaction to someone bulldozing your house (saying that, the nicotine could have something to do with it...) - Second hand smoke is a problem, and it does smell foul if you don't smoke. If I did anything as irritating as smoking near someone, I'd know about it - But then you people have to go and get all self-righteous on us when anyone complains about it?

You're not an oppressed minority, you're an addicted majority - so stop crying about something that isn't all that bad. There's plenty worse in-equalities in the world that aren't highlighted at all.

...and why did you write ''It's. A. Personal. Choice'' like that? That's not good grammar.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by ottoavist

Being obese doesn't directly affect those around them.

Unless you're sitting next to them and they take up too much space... or if they smell, but anyone can smell.
That was the most entertaining thing I have read all week, and I totally agree with you. Smoking is not everyones cup of tea, but you'll be hard pressed to find any habit, consumable or passtime that will appeal to 100% of the populus.
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
I smoke, blah blah yeah, but don't worry about there ever being a full tobacco ban in the UK, the government get far too much money from tobacco tax to ban it completely without having every other tax shoot up.

Something like £4 a pack is tax.
Quote by decayingdave
That's not good grammar.
grammar wasn't my point of attack.

i said what i have to say about it, it's just sooo blown out of proportion.
it really is.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Oh yeah I should mention for the record I really don't care that much about smoking, i just find it slightly unpleasant a lot, and any addiction just makes me think less of the person with it tbh. Anything that shows lack of control really (like that obesity point, I really do quite disapprove of obese people actually).

Oh and also that point about anti-smoking adverts and comparing them to drinking and obesity is stupid, because we do have adverts about both of those things too...

Also really anyone with the views expressed in that first post couldn't express distaste against a lot of things that a lot of people do. Weed, for example.
i wasn't trying to be funny, i'm a writer.
that's an outburst i wrote about 5 minutes ago here at my job - hence the examples i used concerning such.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by ottoavist
grammar wasn't my point of attack.

i said what i have to say about it, it's just sooo blown out of proportion.
it really is.

No, you think it's blown out of proportion. You probably haven't read single report about smoking or passive smoking yet feel you have a clue what's going on.

Quote by ottoavist

Terrible analogy.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If you want to smoke, fine. Don't ****ing do it in my face. The smell of smoke makes me feel ill, that's why I look away from you inconsiderate jerks who think that because you think it's okay to smoke, everyone else does.
Quote by Kensai
No, you think it's blown out of proportion. You probably haven't read single report about smoking or passive smoking yet feel you have a clue what's going on.
*lights a cig*
ok, go on.
we'll see where this goes to.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by ottoavist
*lights a cig*
ok, go on.
we'll see where this goes to.

Yeah, go read some reports.

*doesn't light cig to show where I stand with some juvenile passive-agressive condition-indicator*

Quote by magnus_maximus
Then I suggest you get back to work before your boss finds you being pretentious on an internet guitar forum.

Too late...!
Quote by ottoavist
i wasn't trying to be funny, i'm a writer.
that's an outburst i wrote about 5 minutes ago here at my job - hence the examples i used concerning such.

Do you work as a writer?

You reeeeally need to cut down on so many needlessly long words, otherwise it becomes a chore to read, and nobody will understand except other linguistically focused people, and it sounds like you have a much more general audience than that.
Quote by MadClownDisease
general audience
i know, i know - it's infuriating.
but it's just a vent.
that's...really...all i have to say about it.
take it or leave it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
I hate smokers.
If I am near cigarette smoke for 5 minutes or more, I end up developing a sore throat, and normally end up feeling sick.

Therefore, any smoker who moans about being prevented from smoking is a huge prick, and deserves to get the cancer/disease that is heading their way.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
If I am near cigarette smoke for 5 minutes or more, I end up developing a sore throat, and normally end up feeling sick.
then.....wouldn't just, walking to a distance to where you can't smell it be more wise than just standing there?

that's why smoker's are forced out of the public boundaries.
and you can go to hell for wishing something like that upon anyone, thank you.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by ottoavist
then.....wouldn't just, walking to a distance to where you can't smell it be more wise than just standing there?

that's why smoker's are forced out of the public boundaries.
and you can go to hell for wishing something like that upon anyone, thank you.

But if you light up a cigarette you're the person who should move. Duh...

So, read any reports yet or still pulling material out of your arse?
Page 1 of 5