I've got a Yamaha AES620 with 2 volume and 1 tone knob. 2 humbuckers I am looking to split. I want to be able to split them individually if it will make enough of a difference.

Do I buy just one pot to replace the tone pot?
I'd use one push/pull switch & pot combo for each volume control and if you're into it a separate one to replae the tone as well.
Each volume pots switch would then split the pickup coils individually and the tone one could be wired to phase invert one pickup giving you another option as well. You should be able to find plenty of wiring schematics on the web for this.
Good luck.
Moving on.....
You may also want to look at the "push/push" pots as they do exactly the same job as push/pull. I tend to find the push/pull a bit clumsy and the push/push to be a bit more user friendly and musical.

You should look to make sure your pickups have 4 wires allowing for a coil tap.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by dsindel
You may also want to look at the "push/push" pots as they do exactly the same job as push/pull. I tend to find the push/pull a bit clumsy and the push/push to be a bit more user friendly and musical.

Sounds like another good solution! One thing though, you don't get a visual indication of which position you're in with a push/push type as the height stays the same I believe in either position.
Moving on.....