First off, heres what i need from you;
A valued suggestion
ON-topic
No posts saying "zomgz j00 dunt n33d teh 4x12 manz, u int slash!" cos i want one and thats that.
If you do those three, i'll be very grateful, thanks in advance too.

I plan to run a Blackheart Little Giant head through it, and at some point i'll pick up a Bugera 333xl with a Weber mass attenuator.

Here's what i'm looking for tonally;
Sharp, cutting metal rhythm
Smooth creamy blues leads
Shred - Paul Gilbertish - tone

I've heard good things about Vintage 30 speakers, but meh i'll go with what most of you recommend.

I plan to get one from thomann.de as they offer free delivery on orders over a certain value.

Thanks a lot guys!
Budget?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
You dont ask for much do you?

Sharp ass metal and creamy smooth blues out of one cab...

Seems like the exact opposite of each other to me.

Maybe a cab with a mix of V30s and G12T75s would hit the spot...maybe.

Actually I have a radical suggestion a 4x10 with celestion G10-50/80 might just be the ticket. They are clear, never ever sounding muddy but maybe a bit vintage sounding but certainly sings and sounds loads different from the norm. Shame its really hard to try em since the G10s are a bit rarer these days.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Orange 4x12 and replace two of the V30's with G12T100's...

You'll thank me in the morning. (I love Paul Gilbert tone and that's what I run.)
Avatar 4x12 with 4 vintage 30s! They run cheaper than a lot of brand name cabs with the same speakers.
That V30 loaded Hughes & Kettner cab on that link you posted is good for those styles.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Ok... It seems to be out of these three...

http://www.dv247.com/invt/53827/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/36081/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/52929/

Blackheart looks the coolest and is the cheapest... But doesnt have V30's, which evidently i want.

The Hughes and Kettner doesnt say anything about cutting metal tones, and really mentions vintage and creamy, which isnt what i want.

I dont reli like the Ashton either :S

Can anyone suggest something? Unless the blackheart or hughes and kettner will do the job?
Quote by McShredder
Ok... It seems to be out of these three...

http://www.dv247.com/invt/53827/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/36081/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/52929/

Blackheart looks the coolest and is the cheapest... But doesnt have V30's, which evidently i want.

The Hughes and Kettner doesnt say anything about cutting metal tones, and really mentions vintage and creamy, which isnt what i want.

I dont reli like the Ashton either :S

Can anyone suggest something? Unless the blackheart or hughes and kettner will do the job?

All of those 3 cabs are actually rubbish.
I'd get an orange PPC412 or an avatar or a bogner or a mesa. Try to look on second hand market, you might find one you can afford.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'm gonna look around for an Avatar or Vadar cabs. But dunno if i can get them here in the UK?
:/ Looks like the only thing i can find is the Orange cab..

I know they're good, im just not totally sure about the colour, which is a pretty major thing, lol.
It's not at all a major thing. It's the tone that counts. Besides: orange = teh seks
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Rightyo. So, the PPC412... I've favourited the two PPC412, one is a straight one, the other is angled. Really, i'd like the angled on to really project the sound all around the room. But i noticed a difference in the specs....

http://www.dv247.com/invt/34891/ <----- Straight

http://www.dv247.com/invt/41813/ <---- Angled

The straight is 18 ply marine birch? And the angled is just birch plywood.

Whats the deal here? is one better than the other? I'll probs go with the angled anyway, but what does this difference mean?
The Orange cabinet comes in black as well....

Of what you listed, the only ones I'd even go near are the Orange PPC412 and the Marshall 1960V.
hmmmm...
Trying to decide either black or orange now!!

Got about 2 months to decide anywho hahha.

Thanks everyone for helping me make my choice.

/thread
Buy a Laney Gh50 instead of a Bugera then. That's half-way to his tone.
Can you afford a Bogner 4x12 instead of an Orange.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 19, 2009,
Fair enough on choosing orange, but really the flat down is where its at, much tighter bottom end which would suit the metal more. In the studio i always use the same flat down cab, the angled ones just don't do it for me as much.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
i say any cab with Celestion Vintage 30s, G12t75s, or a mix of both in a X pattern.

i like the eminence speakers as well like the Texas Heats each speaker can handle 150 watts a pop. thats the speakers i have in my Bugera 6262-212. had them in an Avatar 2x12 cab to experiment with, but ended up putting the V30s back in the cab. the Texas Heats are bad ass speakers. Dime Bag from pantera used those in all of his cabs! great speaker and they are not pricey at all
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by GezzyDiversion
how about a Marshall AVT cab and then upgrade the speakers?

AVT cab is just not very good. Swapping out the speakers can only do so much.
Hmmm...

So now its more a question of the Straight or Angled cab really...

Heres the thing tho, the straight cab provides a "tighter" bottom end, therefore its better for metal. But is this just at loud volumes? I will be getting an attenuator for my rig for home play (kinda obviously haha), so it wont be pushing the cab to extremes.

Also, is this tighter bottom end really that noticeable?

I stand up while I play (in my room anyway, when learning or practising at the computer, i'm sat) and so, if all the sound is in a straight line, its not going to be at my head level... (Don't anyone try suggesting a full stack LOL, don't tempt me) When i used to have my small amp, I didn't hear it as I should have, as it was straight, at floor level. When I tilted it up towards me it was great tho.

Advice?
Quote by McShredder
Hmmm...

So now its more a question of the Straight or Angled cab really...

Heres the thing tho, the straight cab provides a "tighter" bottom end, therefore its better for metal. But is this just at loud volumes? I will be getting an attenuator for my rig for home play (kinda obviously haha), so it wont be pushing the cab to extremes.

Also, is this tighter bottom end really that noticeable?

I stand up while I play (in my room anyway, when learning or practising at the computer, i'm sat) and so, if all the sound is in a straight line, its not going to be at my head level... (Don't anyone try suggesting a full stack LOL, don't tempt me) When i used to have my small amp, I didn't hear it as I should have, as it was straight, at floor level. When I tilted it up towards me it was great tho.

Advice?

get an angled cab.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Houseboy83 just won in my opinion.

**** it, its what I want lol.

Now its just a question or black or orange...

Really, orange amps should be orange... but i'm likely to look a douche with a black head...

:S
Last edited by McShredder at Feb 19, 2009,