you know your right - nirvana

2 of our own - one upbeat simple rock song, one a bit epic but awesome (8 mins long!)

(acoustic song) creep - radiohead
OR
my hero - foo fighters

another 2 of ours - one velvet revolver kind of style, and one atmospheric building to a massive climax

purple haze - hendrix
OR
alive - pearl jam

how good is that?
8min is far too long for simple pup gigs, people are gonna stop paying attention and in addition to that, 4 originals isn't interesting for small gigs either.

Where are you playing?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
8min is far too long for simple pup gigs, people are gonna stop paying attention and in addition to that, 4 originals isn't interesting for small gigs either.

Where are you playing?

its a pub yeah, but as a band, we cant stand people who just play covers, who dont showcase their songwriting talent, and just play to please a load of arrogant, drunken dudes, so we've compromised. 3 well known covers we thought would be sufficient to please the crowd but we want to get our name out as talented musicians AND songwriters, and get people knowing our music better. we plan to give out free cds with our songs at the gig as well.

and the 8 minute song isnt repetitive - if it was then i would walk out of there myself! we've worked hard to keep it interesting and keep it twisting and turning but always bringing it back with a powerful, catchy chorus. and 2 huge solos! a lot of the crowd are our age and we want to literally blow their fragile minds with our music
If you blow their fragile minds with you're epic and complicated music, they will not like it at all.
Pub songs should also be radio friendly, 8 mins is too long.
Play the 8 min song at shows were people really come to see YOU and only you.