Page 1 of 2
...and all the cops could say was a 'sorry'.

"A five-year-old girl was beaten up by the police in Etawah district of Uttar Pradesh [India] just because she allegedly stole Rs 280. [less than 4 dollars]"

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20090082297&ch=2/3/2009%2012:03:00%20PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JemH2_CIekY&feature=related

I'm just furious. Have the cops heard of 'human rights'? Sick bastards..
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
has she heard of not stealing?

if shed gotten away with it, it may have escalated to bigger things when she was older.
not that i do, or ever have endorsed child beating
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
Ugh, police..always abusing their power..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
bet she wont do it again! when my wife went to russia for school she was mugged by a group of small gypsie children ages 5-13. if they had the **** kicked out of them for stealing they wouldnt have mugged my wife. dont do the crime if you dont want punishment! that beating wasnt **** compared to what i would do to any of my kids if they went out stealing stuff!
Last edited by jymellis at Feb 4, 2009,
What does "beaten" mean? It didn't explain what they're talking about anywhere in the article, could it be a little corporal punishment has just been exagerated? Probably not, but let's not jump to conclusions without more info.

Now if we could just give public school teachers the power to beat children...
[quote="
Now if we could just give public school teachers the power to beat children...[/QUOTE"]

i think that should be up to the parent! when i was in school if you acted up they would have your parent sign a paper saying they could hit you. if the teacher has the ok from the parents i am all for it.
I genuinely hope the responses from UGers are sarcastic.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
sick!!

power is bad

> every animal is equal to another animal, but some are more equal than others
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
you forget, that you're talking about India, they still live in the cast system so if her place in society was very low then it's not surprising that she got beat for something, it's how they live.
So if one parent says u can beat their child, and another doesnt, punishment is not fair across the class, which can cause bullying and further embarrassment for all.

I agree people should suffer grave consequences for stealing. But a "black and blue" beating from an adult to a 5 year old, is (to put it in Scrubs terms) "Dorian".
I wonder just how dramatic this has been made out.
If they actually did "beat" her, then they deserve imprisonment for a very long time.

I'd never say that the girl deserved it, but I don't know exactly how much 300 rupees is worth. Yes you can say it's worth 3 dollars but it might be worth more to the community over there and it could be a lot. The girl won't ever do it again though.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by Cal UK
I genuinely hope the responses from UGers are sarcastic.

im very serious.
Quote by BlackLuster
The girl won't ever do it again though.

and that is the point!
Quote by McShredder
So if one parent says u can beat their child, and another doesnt, punishment is not fair across the class, which can cause bullying and further embarrassment for all.

I agree people should suffer grave consequences for stealing. But a "black and blue" beating from an adult to a 5 year old, is (to put it in Scrubs terms) "Dorian".

But people in a high class have greater rights than you, chances are the police were in a much higher class than the little girl so realistically her getting beat is just a fact of life over in India, in fact I'd be hard pressed to find the police officers getting into any trouble what so ever.
this is really crap. that is awful.

lesson? yes. beating her black and blue? hell no. a humiliating spank in front of the woman who was stolen from would have been sufficient.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Wow 280 Rupees... that's almost enough to buy the Hyrule Shield. Maybe she was about to go to Dodongo's Cavern. To bad she got caught...
Quote by guitrmastr
Wow 280 Rupees... that's almost enough to buy the Hyrule Shield. Maybe she was about to go to Dodongo's Cavern. To bad she got caught...

haha
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
in india people live for less than a dollar a day. so her 3-4 dollars was obviously a massive survival boost and thus she got her hiney stepped on.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by guitrmastr

HAHAHA.
Quote by jymellis
i think that should be up to the parent! when i was in school if you acted up they would have your parent sign a paper saying they could hit you. if the teacher has the ok from the parents i am all for it.

Things have changed. It's a fine line now with punishment from your parents. Your parents won't be able to authorize someone else to physically discipline your children.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by guitrmastr

I genuinely rofl'd at that. You sir and/or madam are winner.
Quote by gavz_verdikt

I'm just furious. Have the cops heard of 'human rights'? Sick bastards..

It's quite possible that they haven't.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by wahappen
Things have changed. It's a fine line now with punishment from your parents. Your parents won't be able to authorize someone else to physically discipline your children.

but has it gotten better?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
but has it gotten better?

Has what gotten better? Children's behaviour?

My points was... you can't authorize others to physically dscipline your children.
Quote by Bill43

................She had it coming.

No in all seriousness..... She had it coming.

Nah I kid, I kid. That story annoyed me slightly. She is 5! Its not like she knows any better and even if she did, beating her isnt the answer.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I cant believe people are saying "oh she wont ever do it again". First off, a police force BEATING a FIVE YEAR OLD is absolutely sick and disgusting. A smack on the behind. Yeah maybe, but a beating?!Think about it, why would a five year old steal? Probably not for material reasons. And probably not purely of her own motivation. ANd if she did, she probably woudnt know that its wrong at that age. Jesus.

Im sorry but to somehow justify that is insane. Disgusting. I can't even explain how angry I am. Some people on here make me sick.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Feb 4, 2009,
^ Agreed 100%
Quote by Bill43

Quote by wahappen
Has what gotten better? Children's behaviour?

My points was... you can't authorize others to physically dscipline your children.

my point is, that's a stupid rule.

if I had a kid misbehaving, and he was usually punished like this by me, but when Mommy is around, he gets it a different way, it won't be consistent. just because a parent isn't around doesn't mean the kid can't be disciplined.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by GrEgUms1991
Bet she wont steal anything ever again though.

Very much doubt it. Look at the middle ages/mediaeval period. They were lopping head's/arms/knobs off like it was going out of fashion and robbery and murder were much much more prevalent than they are nowadays.
tbh she was lucky,
i'da given her the chair,

and yeah, some kids get beaten every day at home, for doing nothing...

domestic violence ftl...

but hey, at least i can write songs about cutting myself =D
dude $4 is a massive amount there. that could of ****ed over an entire family to the point of starvation.
they should of went a bit easier on her but crime is generally low there. compared to US or europe.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
You idiots. Ever consider the strong likelyhood she was forced to do it by an adult? Honestly, what value does money have to someone too young to know how to count it? Candy, toys,.....but money? What five year old steals money? She probably got a second beating from her family for getting caught.

Bring back Bush. Lets invade India, too. kidding
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by johnsmith175
tbh she was lucky,
i'da given her the chair,

and yeah, some kids get beaten every day at home, for doing nothing...

domestic violence ftl...

but hey, at least i can write songs about cutting myself =D

eeeeeeeeeeemmmmoooooooooooooooooo

You people have missed some fine details

In some places in india, 3.5$ american can buy a house. It's the cheapest country to live in. To them, 3.5 is ALOT of money.

Different castes of society are treated differently. From my understanding, the lowest castes can be spat on by authority figures and no-one will bat an eyelid. Barbaric? Well, most of us live in an area of the world that values equality. Not all places in India are like that.

India is an amazingly big country socially. Some places are incredibly inhumane, some places might be comparable to a western country. It's fair enough for you sheltered westerners to call it sick, but do you understand Indian society?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Page 1 of 2