How long does the battery work in an EMG 81/60 Active Pickup?
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
til it dies

Idk as I don't use active pickups and don't have much experience with battery-life on them.
They "work" for a very very long time. But I'm very paranoid so I change them as soon as I notice some tone loss. So probably about every month. But I play for about 6 or 7 hours a day.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I just changed the batteries to my EMG's, they've been in there about 4 months or so. Trust me you'll notice when they need changing.
I have EMG 85/81 set up with the 18 volt mod. I change both batteries about every two months or so. But like hmmm said...you'll know when they need changing. Also, unplug the cable from your guitar when you're not playing.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
If you leave your guitar plugged in, the battery can die within a week.

Otherwise, normal use should let it run about four months before it starts to dip and the sound quality will be effected (usually, the pickup becomes less defined and muddier-toned, though other negative effects can happen). By the six month mark the battery will usually run totally dry.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Good lord, every month some of you change your batteries? Way too much. I've read the 81/85 combo can last 2000 hours of plug in time. I've had mine in since July, I play roughly 1-2 hours per day, sometimes more, and I havent changed yet and notice no tone loss.
Quote by GuitarDTO
Good lord, every month some of you change your batteries? Way too much. I've read the 81/85 combo can last 2000 hours of plug in time. I've had mine in since July, I play roughly 1-2 hours per day, sometimes more, and I havent changed yet and notice no tone loss.

Well I'm very picky. I notice a difference after a month. Nothing massive, but It bothers me.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
im just wonder but to change batterys do you have to take the whole pickup off or is there some sort of cover that pops off?
>.< fail

Look on the back of the guitar. There should be a small plate that is off color compared to the body. unscrew it and take it off and you see the battery. In some cases, it might be in with the control cavity.
mine have been in for 5 months with 3 hours of play a day..
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
on my P-bass, I'd say I got around... 200-300 hours of play out of a 9-volt.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Wow, after asking I am only confused. Well... But seems they work for a long long time. So I just gotta hear the sound and choose pickups and then order my Horizon FR-II
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X