Alright I have a Fender MIM strat and I want to change my pickups. They are single coils so I would appriciate your help. I want a pair of pickups that would sound good with Punk Rock, Grunge, Hard Rock, and ect.
Current amp?
Budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Articstrat9292
Well the amp amp I am currently using is a 30watt fender amp.
And my buget is about $0-100

what fender amp is it?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Be more specific about your amp; 30W could mean anything.
And I suspect nothing for under $100 will be much of an upgrade.

Edit:
I'm pretty sure the only 30 watt Fender amp in existence is the G-DEC.

Pickups will not make a shred of difference through that amp. Save for a new amp.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Feb 4, 2009,
If it's a frontman, get a new amp first, or those pickups will sort of not do much for your sound.
I am sorry but I got the amp from my uncle who is in a known band but he never gave me the info about it all I know is that the sound quality is nice its 30watts its made in mexico but I am sorry I meant I dont really have a bugget I just really need new pickups
Post a picture of it; read what it says on the amp.
You most certainly don't know that you need new pickups if you don't even know what your amp is.
People exagerate the impact of pickups on your overall tone; sure they're most of the voice of your guitar, but your amp is the center of your tone overall.
Take a picture and post it.
You do not "really need" new pickups at all, I suspect.
In fact, this is a lot simpler than it seems.
Look into the back of the amp; can you see any glass tubes?
Quote by Articstrat9292
I am sorry but I got the amp from my uncle who is in a known band but he never gave me the info about it all I know is that the sound quality is nice its 30watts its made in mexico but I am sorry I meant I dont really have a bugget I just really need new pickups

no you don't, you just want new pickups because all the crap you've read on UG has convinced you it's what all the cool kids are doing these days
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
no you don't, you just want new pickups because all the crap you've read on UG has convinced you it's what all the cool kids are doing these days

I guess I'm part of the cool kids these days.

Anyways, TS post a picture of your amp or tell us what it says on it so we can give you some advice how to get the tone you're looking for. Depending on the amp you have, it may or may not be worth switching pickups.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
My recommendation for a good input would be something to fatten up your sound with distortion, so a set of either JB jr's or little 59's would fill in nicely

if you have a humbucker spot open, a JB or 59 would also work too
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6