Which songs/tabs were most important to your technical progress, and what techniques did they help you improving?

I'll start with these:
1. Paschendale by Iron Maiden (good for perfecting accuracy of power chords)
2. The clansman by Iron Maiden (good training of combining vibratos and bends with moderately fast sequences just before or after them, as well as a number of other interesting rhythm patterns formed by broken up power chords)
3. Jeux Interdits by Tarrega (good training of individual finger control in picking hand and finger picking)
Bloodmeat- Protest The Hero. Helped my rhythm like a motherbitch
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Paganini's 24th Caprice. I can't play it in its entirety yet (about half way through) but it has it all: legato, sweep picking, alternate picking, string skipping.

Curse of the Castle dragon by Paul Gilbert helped improve my dexterity and 3 string runs.

Jason Becker's Altitudes helped my sweep picking alot too.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
helped me with complex jazz chord changes for rythm
helped me with incorporating chromatic and jazz runs and using major key into my improvisation
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
1) Getaway Car by Audoslave- It really helped me develop my improvising technique as well as helped train my ear. The solo is so simple that I got bored with it and I watched a few live videos of Audioslave an realized the Morello improvises the solo on the live version. I began messing around and really got better at soloing because of it.

2)Far Behind by Candlebox- forced me to use the whole neck while playing. The rhythm part and the solo all use large portions of the neck, really helps with coordination.

3)Here Without You by 3 Doors Down- really helped with picking speed. I used to be really sloppy when it came to picking. After practicing day in and day out, playing this song over and over, my picking was exponentially better.