Page 1 of 2
Hey, I was, untill a couple of days ago, the rythym guitarist in a band. We were scheduled to do the talent show which is this coming weekend. We've have had plenty of practices and we decided to play Crazy Train. Our drummer wanted to play something by Anberlen (think thats it), our bassist and singer Crazy Train, Our lead used to want to paly Master of Puppets but changed his mind to Canon Rock and I Master of Puppets. Our lead is a very good friend of mine who used to love metal just as much as me but our drummer showed him some emo punk **** and he likes that stuff now. Our bassist wanted to play Master of Puppets till he looked at the tap and dubbed it way to hard. Well Monday ,THE DAY BEFORE AUDITIONS, our lead guitarist and bassist came up to me and told me they didn't need me for the talent show, just the talent show, because there wasnt really a rythym part for the song. I was pissed so I told them I quit. I don't think it's fair that they say they don't need me when the bassist only knows the intro riff and repeats that through the entire song. Should I be pissed about this.

BTW Our lead guitarist has an account on this site and really hope he reads this to know what an ass hes been.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
How about you become more open minded about your music? Anberlin may not be the best band but they're definitely not emo...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You could be more open minded. However, I think you made the right choice, they seem like assholes.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Detune their guitars before the show.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by stradivari310
How about you become more open minded about your music? Anberlin may not be the best band but they're definitely not emo...

He also like Three days Grace and My Chemical Romance, says Metallica is ok. And I enjoy classical, blues and metal, so how can you say I am not open? Plus the only reason hes in is because he thinks He will get banged
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by JungIe
Detune their guitars before the show.

Im not even gunna show up
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Whilst you should be more open minded about the music, until you start writing your own music with the band don't be afraid to head in any direction, they acted like dicks so you have a right to quit.
Ibanez S7320
Marshall Valvestate 100v Model 8100 Head
Marshall 1936 Lead Cab
\m/ Latria \m/
Quote by tukk04
sounds like your friend/lead is a "follow the crowd" type

Far from that. He used to hate preppy music and me and him were the only ture metalheads in the school.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by new_age_reject
Whilst you should be more open minded about the music, until you start writing your own music with the band don't be afraid to head in any direction, they acted like dicks so you have a right to quit.

We have wrote some pretty heavy music together.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Heres another problem, I miss being a the band, but I have the dignity not to ask/beg them at all for my spot back. And there is no one else who likes my kind of music around 3 years my age. Plus we know for a fact my lead and I were the best in our school
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

You could be good with another guitarist, try starting a new band.
No means maybe
Quote by pilgrimevan
You could be good with another guitarist, try starting a new band.

The problem is, all the other guitarist I know hate metal and/ or suck. There are no drummers that like metal, and i know noone who plays bass and doesn't suck
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Bullethead
The problem is, all the other guitarist I know hate metal and/ or suck. There are no drummers that like metal, and i know noone who plays bass and doesn't suck

Advertise for people.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I don't see how TS is being closed minded, he/she simply said that they don't like "emo" music. Not liking a genre doesn't make you close minded, just means you don't like the genre.

TS, I would have quit as well. My suggestion, start a new band with people with similar tastes.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Try looking in other schools, too. That's what I did when I figured out all the decent people were already in bands XD. I'm the only kid in my band from my school.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
lol wow. there actually is rhythm for crazy train (not tabbed on this site though), i have it in a guitar tabs white pages book. it's what the bass is, just hitting it less times. i can see where they were coming from, sadly, but what my other band did was get the rhythm to follow basically the bass in songs like that, except do power chords. you have to be flexible enough to work with what you have, and work together in situations like these. two thumbs up for quitting. now,
about your other problem, best guitar players in your school? your lead or the only guitarist.
nobody likes metal? work with what you get. each pick one song and play them all, no matter how much the others songs blow.
and there you have it. all my advice summed up into about a paragraph. hope i helped you out man .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
It's hard if a band tells you they don't need you for a gig. From the sounds of it your band sounds extremely disorganised, not knowing songs even a day before auditions. Should just audition the songs that you guys can play the best together.

That said, if you want to get back in the band, just ask and I'm sure they'll take you back. If I were you I would have also quit - if they don't need you for this gig, then all your effort so far has been for effectively nothing. And that is ****.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yes they acted out of the line. However so did you. All of you seem like close-minded asses.

Just try and start your own thing, or just wait and practice by yourself until a good opportunity comes along.

I hate metal. (MOST metal anyways, I do enjoy Anthrax, Megadeth, Evile, Motorhead, and etc.) I enjoy experimental stuff like Radiohead, Minus The Bear, Primus, and things like that. Which you may not enjoy personally. However there is a reason there is different kinds of music, there is different kinds of people. While I advise you to love metal, you should learn to love all qualities in music if you ever really want to be a famous musician. (Such as the happy and youthful spirit of pop rock.)
Start over .
Find new band members
New Band = No Problems
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
Quote by Bullethead

My god, in what magical place do you live? Musicians who want to play something other than metal? I need to move there.
Theres no rule saying you need two guitarists. Just get a bassist and a drummer. Take some voice lessons and your set. Or get a singer. Tons of good rock/metal was done with that set up. Pantera, Van Halen, Disturbed. You'll get some spotlight as well.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Start a new band with older wiser members.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
My god, in what magical place do you live? Musicians who want to play something other than metal? I need to move there.

Its called a preppy suburb in West Texas
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by JacobTheMe
Yes they acted out of the line. However so did you. All of you seem like close-minded asses.

Just try and start your own thing, or just wait and practice by yourself until a good opportunity comes along.

I hate metal. (MOST metal anyways, I do enjoy Anthrax, Megadeth, Evile, Motorhead, and etc.) I enjoy experimental stuff like Radiohead, Minus The Bear, Primus, and things like that. Which you may not enjoy personally. However there is a reason there is different kinds of music, there is different kinds of people. While I advise you to love metal, you should learn to love all qualities in music if you ever really want to be a famous musician. (Such as the happy and youthful spirit of pop rock.)

I know I'm close-minded but I honestly have tried to listen to alternative and did not like it all.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Im_freakinbad67
How far west?

Not El Paso west put more western than Austin
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

And right now my ex lead says that my drummer wanted to kick me out because i was annoying
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Bullethead
Hey, I was, untill a couple of days ago, the rythym guitarist in a band. We were scheduled to do the talent show which is this coming weekend. We've have had plenty of practices and we decided to play Crazy Train. Our drummer wanted to play something by Anberlen (think thats it), our bassist and singer Crazy Train, Our lead used to want to paly Master of Puppets but changed his mind to Canon Rock and I Master of Puppets. Our lead is a very good friend of mine who used to love metal just as much as me but our drummer showed him some emo punk **** and he likes that stuff now. Our bassist wanted to play Master of Puppets till he looked at the tap and dubbed it way to hard. Well Monday ,THE DAY BEFORE AUDITIONS, our lead guitarist and bassist came up to me and told me they didn't need me for the talent show, just the talent show, because there wasnt really a rythym part for the song. I was pissed so I told them I quit. I don't think it's fair that they say they don't need me when the bassist only knows the intro riff and repeats that through the entire song. Should I be pissed about this.

BTW Our lead guitarist has an account on this site and really hope he reads this to know what an ass hes been.
I never told you to leave the band. We didnt sound that great playing master of puppets so i thought we should play an easier song (at least the rhythme part) so i though canon rock because the rhythme is not that complex and the lead is impressive. But you kept arguing to play something metal and you said canon rock 'wasn't heavy enough' and you said you would fight as hard as you can to play something metal. So we were gonna play canon for a while then you convinced drummer to play crazy train so i said fine whatever then we went back to canon rock and then back to crazy train. I was annoyed by that back and forth and how you didnt want to play anything other than metal was kind of stupid too. So finnally we got a practice and did crazy train. It was fine but you didnt want to learn the real chords for the solo and thats when you really need to be there and plus you didnt play anything except for the intro and part of the solo. We didnt think that we needed you for the performance though we could have talked it over but you just said you quit. So we thought it would be stupid to have you just stand there and play a couple things when you didnt want to learn how to play it right.

no hard feelings k

ps i still like all the metal bands but i just wanted to listen something else other than metal
Quote by chad120
I never told you to leave the band. We didnt sound that great playing master of puppets so i thought we should play an easier song (at least the rhythme part) so i though canon rock because the rhythme is not that complex and the lead is impressive. But you kept arguing to play something metal and you said canon rock 'wasn't heavy enough' and you said you would fight as hard as you can to play something metal. So we were gonna play canon for a while then you convinced drummer to play crazy train so i said fine whatever then we went back to canon rock and then back to crazy train. I was annoyed by that back and forth and how you didnt want to play anything other than metal was kind of stupid too. So finnally we got a practice and did crazy train. It was fine but you didnt want to learn the real chords for the solo and thats when you really need to be there and plus you didnt play anything except for the intro and part of the solo. We didnt think that we needed you for the performance though we could have talked it over but you just said you quit. So we thought it would be stupid to have you just stand there and play a couple things when you didnt want to learn how to play it right.

no hard feelings k

ps i still like all the metal bands but i just wanted to listen something else other than metal

No hard feelings, but I'm still gonna argue

First of all how many metal bands have played music other than metal have made it big?

Second, You said your self that you wanted us to be a thrash/death metal band with breakdowns

Third, Yes I played Everything in the song that I was supposed, and due to limited time I didn't learn the solo rhythm so I just followed what bass did who played the intro throughout THE ENTIRE SONG, After practice/ super bowl I went home and learned the rhythm.

Lastly Master of Puppets was only hard for our bassist, the rest of us could play it just fine.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

and when you came up to me monday, I was going to ask you If i could do the intro solo
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Bullethead
No hard feelings, but I'm still gonna argue

First of all how many metal bands have played music other than metal have made it big?

Second, You said your self that you wanted us to be a thrash/death metal band with breakdowns

Third, Yes I played Everything in the song that I was supposed, and due to limited time I didn't learn the solo rhythm so I just followed what bass did who played the intro throughout THE ENTIRE SONG, After practice/ super bowl I went home and learned the rhythm.

Lastly Master of Puppets was only hard for our bassist, the rest of us could play it just fine.

first: we are not trying to make it big, we are only 13 years old

second: i did at the time but i got tired of playing just metal and i wanted to play other stuff too but you didnt seem you liked that. everyone else in the band likes alternative

third: bass didnt play the intro the entire song and you told me you wouldnt learn the right rhythm and then you never told me you did learn the right rhythm

edit: well i didnt think that master of puppets really sounded that good even without the bass
Last edited by chad120 at Feb 5, 2009,
Quote by chad120
first: we are not trying to make it big, we are only 13 years old

second: i did at the time but i got tired of playing just metal and i wanted to play other stuff too but you didnt seem you liked that. everyone else in the band likes anberlin

third: bass didnt play the intro the entire song and you told me you wouldnt learn the right rhythm and then you never told me you did learn the right rhythm

1, were fouteen

2, of course i don't like anberlin i even said that in my Thred starting post, and there was literally a less than three day time diffence when you first said we were a death/ thrash band and the day you told me a three days grace song had a hard solo which was three string sweeps/ rakes, and note bending

3, I never said I wouldn't learn the right rhythm, and i didn't get to talk to you that day untill you came up to me and talked to me to pretty much kick me out off a show

Edit: in response to your edit, I was playing on my spider, drummer on your electronic drum set through your old behringer amp
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Last edited by Bullethead at Feb 5, 2009,
u guys should chill out
damn its one show
you have all of highschool left
and your lives....

personally i think you guys should try to work things out
and stop bitching about or just move on

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
u guys should chill out
damn its one show
you have all of highschool left
and your lives....

personally i think you guys should try to work things out
and stop bitching about or just move on

thats what were doing
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Bullethead
1, were fouteen

2, of course i don't like anberlin i even said that in my Thred starting post, and there was literally a less than three day time diffence when you first said we were a death/ thrash band and the day you told me a three days grace song had a hard solo which was three string sweeps/ rakes, and note bending

3, I never said I wouldn't learn the right rhythm, and i didn't get to talk to you that day untill you came up to me and talked to me to pretty much kick me out off a show

Edit: in response to your edit, I was playing on my spider, drummer on your electronic drum set through your old behringer amp

1. well we just turned 14 about a month ago i forget

2 i really dont like 3 days grace you just wanted to hear a hard solo in an alternative song and thats all i could think of. and i meant to say alternative music not anberlin

3 yes you did

in reposonse to your edit from my edit: together musically and not just sound wise we didnt sound like we could get it down good
Quote by chad120
1. well we just turned 14 about a month ago i forget

2 i really dont like 3 days grace you just wanted to hear a hard solo in an alternative song and thats all i could think of. and i meant to say alternative music not anberlin

3 yes you did

in reposonse to your edit from my edit: together musically and not just sound wise we didnt sound like we could get it down good

2. IT WASN'T HARD, IT WAS NOTE BENDING

3. Tell me when

4. SPIDER III
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Quote by Bullethead

2. IT WASN'T HARD, IT WAS NOTE BENDING

3. Tell me when

4. SPIDER III

1 ok?

2 why does it matter anyway?

3 when i said, 'you should learn the real rhythme to the solo not just play the intro' you said 'no this sounds fine'

4 i saiid that it didnt sound good as in good playing. not soundwise as in the quality of the sound
Quote by chad120
1 ok?

2 why does it matter anyway?

3 when i said, 'you should learn the real rhythme to the solo not just play the intro' you said 'no this sounds fine'

4 i saiid that it didnt sound good as in good playing. not soundwise as in the quality of the sound

2. You said it was hard

3. But I did learn it.

4. Alright me you n drummer will jam crazy train with the gear we used at your place and then bassist places gear
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Page 1 of 2