pretaining to my previous post about the Ibanez RG350DX.. it has now came down to that guitar or the ( in my eyes prettier) Ibanez RGR420EX.. ( it's $679. compared to $513 though.. worth it? thanks.
Gear:
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 BLK w/ EMG 81/60
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Last edited by uptheirons17 at Feb 4, 2009,
Don't buy ANY guitar because it's prettier. That's why newbies buy low end BC Riches.. They suck! Not flaming BC Rich, I love their guitars, but only the high ends.
ya.. well looks do play a factor regardless, however if essentially there the same guitar im gunna go with the 350DX. i was just thinking whatever plays/sounds nicer..
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Well... I have to say, get an S series. For the price, they're much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Well... I have to say, get an S series. For the price, they're much better.

+1, ideally you should try them out and the judge, but ima have to agree with blackened here..
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Id go with the 350DX I own one and love it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
it seeems u really love your RG350 Lethal Dosage. What kind of stuff you play? and how hard is it to tune and re-string with the floyd rose, being that i like to play in all sorts of tunings.?
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
The RG350 is good, I perfer RG to S series anyday.
I do own one and rarely use it anymore but when I did I used to play Building the Church constantly on it, it made me feel like Vai.

Vai with a lower end ibanez, anyway.
The trem system sucks compared to high end ibanez's, the pickups need replacing eventually but the rest is excellent.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
dont buy either,
they have edge III trems which are terrible and i personally would rather cut off my own penis that use a guitar with a edge III, i have a ibanez 1570 Prestige and it has a Edge PRO and its soo much more better, save up and get something else. i would suggest anything with the Edge PRO or the new Edge ZR bridge.
or even the ZR bridge.
actually i would recomend this one http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503
that RG1570 Prestige in a Mirage Blue is a Beaute!!!!!!! Well lets see here:

A) get the RG350DX, later spend an extra 350 bucks for add ons later.. maybe even more...

OR

B) wait and save for the big guy..1100 bucks later though... considering i was willing to spend up to $700 bucks now, i think i will hold off and pinch my pennies... wow..
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
Last edited by uptheirons17 at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by convictionless
dont buy either,
they have edge III trems which are terrible and i personally would rather cut off my own penis that use a guitar with a edge III, i have a ibanez 1570 Prestige and it has a Edge PRO and its soo much more better, save up and get something else. i would suggest anything with the Edge PRO or the new Edge ZR bridge.
or even the ZR bridge.
actually i would recomend this one http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503

The ZR is made with fairly cheap metals and is supposed to wear down in less than a year from what ive heard, the Edge Pro is a great bridge though
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
The ZR is made with fairly cheap metals and is supposed to wear down in less than a year from what ive heard, the Edge Pro is a great bridge though

...So what if it is? It doesn't need to be made of hard metals, the bridge is not a knife edge type bridge; it's a ball bearing system.

Also, the EDGE III is what most people are talking about in those terms.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.