Vypyrs are unreliable apparently and dont have enough wattage.

Lines 6's are out of the question.

Vox Valvetronix doesn't have enough wattage.

And apparently Cubes are rubbish.

What can you get for this price?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
is the behringer ss or tube?

You aren't going to get good sound quality and lots of volume with that budget unless you go used. I don't know your music style so i suggest either peavey classic 30 or b-52 at-112
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Is it a solid state Behringer?

And I don't know where your idea that Valvetronix don't have enough wattage came from. Is 100 Watts not enough for you?

I can drown out my drummer with my Valvetronix on half power.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Try and get a used Laney LC or VC possibly? I got my 35 watt tube Laney for £190 used. It is f_cking loud. Most tube amps with 30 watts or so should do the job.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
if the b-52 112 is anyhting like the halfstackt han get it. great amps for metal and they get cleans just as almost any fender.
Since Behringer are so ridiculously quiet, and if you crank you're an ass-hat, I'd assume you only need 30w.

What do you play exactly?
You know that a Vox 30w drowns out a 60W Behringer without a problem? At least if the behringer is as bad as my Carlsbro. (And because we're talking about behringer i think so)
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
It's a 60W Valve Behringer, so I'm tihnking no chance for under £200.

My 50W Vox is enough, im just asking for my mate

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's a 60W Valve Behringer, so I'm tihnking no chance for under £200.

My 50W Vox is enough, im just asking for my mate

You still haven't said what your friend plays. A Fender FM212 would fit the bill provided you always use the cleans.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 4, 2009,
He plays Bullet For My Valentine, and heavy stuff like that, so the FM wouldnt be good for it at all :/

Quote by EndTheRapture51

And apparently Cubes are rubbish.

This comment is rubbish.
Quote by 667
This comment is rubbish.

Cubes ARE rubbish, like it or not.
Terrible reliablity, sounds even WORSE than a Vox AD (I went there).
The only reason people buy them is because they are literally the only amp for that price that can do metal.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks
Cubes ARE rubbish, like it or not.
Terrible reliablity, sounds even WORSE than a Vox AD (I went there).
The only reason people buy them is because they are literally the only amp for that price that can do metal.

Why must you always think the opposite of me?

I really like Cubes. IMO they have a very nice sound for a SS practice amp, especially for heavier stuff.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I don't mind the hi-gain sounds I get out of my cube but I can't sand the clean stuff
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
behringer generally rates the wattage of their amps by peak while most companies rate it by RMS. what this means is that that wattage figure listed on the behringer amp is probably larger than the volume you'll expect from it.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
If it's the "Valve" Behringer I think you're on about, it's actually a hybrid. So you should do fine with 50-100 watts.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Horlicks
they are literally the only amp for that price that can do metal.

Sooo.... they're not rubbish then!
We are agreed.
I've heard good things about White Horse Amplification - there's a guy on UG who switched from a Valveking to one and loves it. Check out YouTube for clips, although I can't say they make me want to go out and grab one right now, they're rather decent, especially in terms of bang for buck and sound quality. http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/White-Horse-60W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-and4x8-Cab/8A8
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Peavey windsor..... most volume per dollar (or pound in this case)
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by Themilkmaker
if the b-52 112 is anyhting like the halfstackt han get it. great amps for metal and they get cleans just as almost any fender.

No, no amp gets cleans like a Fender.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I've never played one but i've head that the Roland Jazz Chorus has incredible cleans? it's sounded like their cleans might even be better
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
I've never played one but i've head that the Roland Jazz Chorus has incredible cleans? it's sounded like their cleans might even be better

Bettter than the B-52?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
no amp gets cleans like a Fender.

It's official: 65 Amps, Divided by 13, Two-Rock, and Dumble sound nothing like Fenders.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My point is that, unless you go boutique, no amp will sound just like a Fender. It's true!
Quote by chip46
Quote by 667
Sooo.... they're not rubbish then!
We are agreed.

I never said they did good metal...
Just get a Cube 30X.

It's not rubbish...I don't know who told you that, but if you're playing hard rock / metal, it does that very nicely, and it's pretty damn loud too.

At least try it out before you discount it.
Peavey Bandit, maybe?
I think it'd do nicely. Better than any digital amp by far. Plus, at 80W/100W, it's about the loudest thing you're going to find for the money.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 5, 2009,