On CNBC.com

Bon Jovi 2008 Concert
Total gross: $210,650,974
Total attendance/capacity: 2,157,675/2,157,675
Number of shows: 99
Number of sellouts: 99
Average ticket price: $97.60

Ok, so obviously the band members get x% of the gross. I would love to see a breakdown of the take a la Steve Albini (i.e. venue, legal, production, catering, transport, security, etc.). He did that article about getting signed and how much each party takes of the gross record sales. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm from New Jersey, but never was a big time Bon Jovi fan. I find it amazing over two million people gladly gave them almost $100 dollars.
What amazes me even more is that World of Warcraft makes almost 5 times more money than a world famous artist does.
Careful about that Albini article. It is an overly cynical look at how things *could* go. If you wind up with a deal like what he outlined, then it's your own fault, really. That's what entertainment lawyers are for... making sure you're not getting ripped off. You either didn't get a lawyer or didn't get a reputable one. Either way... at that stage of the game, you should know better.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
What amazes me even more is that World of Warcraft makes almost 5 times more money than a world famous artist does.
And I gladly use to pay every month for it .