So i finally got my EVJ Head + Cab and i love it so far.

Now im looking for a great overdrive or fuzz pedal that can go from Clapton/Cream to Page/Zeppelin.

Anything that can handle blues and hard classic rock really, but not to much gain/fuzz.

Max price: €100

complete noob when it comes to pedals really.

I play stuff like: ZZ Top, Cream , Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Anything except Metal, really.

Current rig:

Schecter C1 Hellraiser
EVJ Head
EVJ Cab 1x12" 70W rms.
Last edited by Zapher at Feb 4, 2009,
I think you should build yourself a germanium or silicon fuzz face.

Or look into Roger Mayer pedals, which might be pushing your budget. The MXR silicon fuzz looks good too, but I'd recommend a germanium fuzz if you don't want much gain and you're gonna stick to just blues and classic rock.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
I think you should build yourself a germanium or silicon fuzz face.

Or look into Roger Mayer pedals, which might be pushing your budget. The MXR silicon fuzz looks good too, but I'd recommend a germanium fuzz if you don't want much gain and you're gonna stick to just blues and classic rock.

Like the EHX Germanium OD ?
Quote by Zapher
Like the EHX Germanium OD ?

Possibly. I'm not sure if it'll be what you're looking for, but I'd check it out anyway.

But yeah, a germanium fuzz like a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz or a Tonebender. I have a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz, which is silicon, and it's good for Cream and ZZ Top kinda stuff.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
a bad monkey, ts-9, little big muff, so many fuzz and overdrive choices you might need to spend some time on youtube.
Last edited by mmjohn at Feb 4, 2009,
for low budget check out the Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz, it has a few different fuzz voicings so maybe it has what your looking for, and its not that expensive

other than that the MXR classic fuzz as previously mentioned. i personally think the Fuzz Face (the Hendrix one) is the best sounding fuzz out there, more fuzz than fizz, but doubt it could do all of what your looking for
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
That MXR fuzz is pretty nice. Making your own is pretty easy too. There's also the Danelectro Cool Cat. Actually a pretty damn good pedal. I think you could find a used botique overdrive in that range too. Not really sure with Euro's. Maybe a Fulltone of some sort. A TS9 could always work too
For 100 pounds you could make yourself a Fuzz Face clone and an OD, probably. To your own specs and everything.