Hey i know this is a noob question but im considering buying this Krank Revolution head for 500$ from a friend. He said all it needs are new tubes and a new fuse.

How much do you think this will cost me and can I do it myself?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
I'd say go for it, because even if you got the tubes replaced by a tech it'd still be cheaper than buying one new or even used. I wouldn't recommend trying to replace the tubes or fuse yourself however, because it may seem easy but it's really not as simple as it seems.

Tubes = $100
Fuse = $10ish
Bench time $50 for both replacements

total cost = $660 and change
cost of Rev on eBay = $1250

YOU SAVE 600 BUCKS!!!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
ok thanks alot bite_the_bullet. one last question though, any specific kind of tubes i should get?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Tung Sol 12AX7s and JJ <whatever you power tubes are>

Bigger concern: if it needs a new fuse, the fuse blew...why? You might have more repairs than just replacing the fuse in your future.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by bite_the_bullet
I'd say go for it, because even if you got the tubes replaced by a tech it'd still be cheaper than buying one new or even used. I wouldn't recommend trying to replace the tubes or fuse yourself however, because it may seem easy but it's really not as simple as it seems.

Tubes = $100
Fuse = $10ish
Bench time $50 for both replacements

total cost = $660 and change
cost of Rev on eBay = $1250

YOU SAVE 600 BUCKS!!!

Fuses are 50cents at the most.
IF all thats wrong is the tubes. Then it could be a good deal. But he could have also been using a guitar cable to connect to the cab or something equally stupid then the damage could be more extensive and expensive. Get some tubes and a fuse see if it works before you buy it.