Page 1 of 3
What do you think your kids are going to be like and how are you going to raise them?

I just hope my kids don't suck.
I'm going to raise my kids the old fashioned way, and am not going to spoil them.

if my kids want something, they are going to have to show me that they deserve it, and they are going to be well-mannered. After a certain age (14 or 15), I'm not going to pamper them anymore, and if they want to do something (i.e. stay over at a girls' house) they are going to have to use their own judgement to know if it's something right or wrong.
I will be open with them, tell them about drugs and sexuality, explain to them the experiences I myself have had, and will tell them what precautions to take to not get in trouble, pregnant or addicted to anything.

that's pretty much all a parent can do, i think?
It involves a chain, a metal pole and very large spider
The rest is is for social services to deal with

Seriously I don't think anyone ever has any idea what to do lol
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
There's little chance I'll have a kid (or kids) but if I do, they're gonna be the best musician/s in the world

Gonna teach them/it guitar from an early age so they'll end up like Guthrie Govan or something.
But I wouldn't be a dick, I wouldn't go overboard on affection either as I don't like kids too much, I'd probably be what my dad is to me, more of a friend than a dad, when it's old enough, like my dad does, it'll be my drinkin' buddy from there
Okay mebbe not that far.
Quote by Ledforthehead
I just hope my kids don't suck.

Well, at least you'll be able to tell them you believed in them before they were conceived

I don't want children and if I had them I doubt I would be very good at raising them. I have several friends who also fear me and procreation joining forces. If it happens, I can only hope they avoid making the same mistakes I have.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I'm gonna hope that they turn out to be musicians, get them learning guitar before they can walk.

I'd be happy if they turned out liking metal or rock, not the crap music that radio stations pump out to melt the brains of the populace.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I'd raise my kids up in a firm but fair manner, punishing bad behavior and rewarding good. They'll be raised Christian and come to church with me (they don't have a choice seen as I'd have to go to band), and they'd be expected to do well at school.

I'd let them know about drinking, drugs and sex as soon as I feel they're ready, but I'd make sure I show them control.

Music wise I'd enrol them in lessons at around 8 or so, probably on the bass or the violin.
mine are going to be messed up little monsters with no concept of authority, I'm making it my mission...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by Jake™
I have no intention of raising kids.

This. I hate kids and don't have the urge to be a father. I know I'd probably do a terrible job anyway. Not only do I lack the patience but I would probably still be trying to make them giggle with silly faces long after they've grown up and gone to college...
me, nor my girlfriend, have any intention of raising children. if she gets pregnant, ill kill it, abortion or murder, you decide

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by thewho65
"My child will kick your child's ass."

That's what I want to be able to say.

It should be on a bumper sticker.

"My kid knocked up your honor student!"
Sending mine away to some orphanage till they're old enough to work, then they can come back and start making me some cash
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by entity0009
I'm gonna hope that they turn out to be musicians, get them learning guitar before they can walk.

I'd be happy if they turned out liking metal or rock, not the crap music that radio stations pump out to melt the brains of the populace.

Thats cruel and wrong. You'll end up with a very narrow minded elitist child who doesn't enjoy playing his instrument but will be very cocky about it.
You'll make a terrible parent, but hey, thats just my opinion which concerns open mindedness and choosing their own way in life.

Edit:
I hope my child can be brought up to be open minded and their own person and to never feel oppressed into doing something they don't want to. I'd want them to do well in school and get a great job, but if its not what wanted then I'd be fine with it.
As far as being a musician goes, I'd like them to take an interest in music however I would never force it on them, I'd start them on an instrument if they told me they wanted to learn an instrument I'd be all for it but I would never push them into strict practise routines or anything like that.
Last edited by i am iron man at Feb 4, 2009,
The little nipper will pop out, I will put on The Number of The Beast album by Iron Maiden and then I will pretty much wing it.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm going to raise my kids the old fashioned way, and am not going to spoil them.

if my kids want something, they are going to have to show me that they deserve it, and they are going to be well-mannered. After a certain age (14 or 15), I'm not going to pamper them anymore, and if they want to do something (i.e. stay over at a girls' house) they are going to have to use their own judgement to know if it's something right or wrong.
I will be open with them, tell them about drugs and sexuality, explain to them the experiences I myself have had, and will tell them what precautions to take to not get in trouble, pregnant or addicted to anything.

that's pretty much all a parent can do, i think?

You totally forgot to show them your penis.
Quote by i am iron man
Thats cruel and wrong. You'll end up with a very narrow minded elitist child who doesn't enjoy playing his instrument but will be very cocky about it.
You'll make a terrible parent, but hey, thats just my opinion which concerns open mindedness and choosing their own way in life.

Let's just skip back shall we?

Quote by entity0009
I'm gonna hope that they turn out to be musicians,

hope (hp)
v. hoped, hop·ing, hopes
v.intr.
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic To have confidence; trust.
v.tr.
1. To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will be successful.

I believe I used the word HOPE. I never said I'd force them.

Quote by entity0009
get them learning guitar before they can walk.

If you cannot recognise sarcasm I suggest you get out of the Pit.

Quote by entity0009

happy
Adjective
[-pier, -piest]
1. feeling or expressing joy
2. causing joy or gladness: the happiest day of my life
3. fortunate or lucky: it was a happy coincidence
4. satisfied or content: he seems happy to let things go on as they are
5. willing: I'll be happy to arrange a loan for you [Old Norse happ chance, good luck]

Again, I never said I'd force them.

Please READ things before replying.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i'm going to have 10 children and race them, when they are not racing they will stay in the celar
£10 says Im pregnant within the next 10 years
even though I hate kids.
It always happens to the people that are doing quite well without them then BOOM, your knee deep in diapers, toys and disgusting food.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
i plan on being a parent that your kid actually likes hanging around with, i won't care if they smoke, or get laid etc, as long as they keep they're grades up in school and dont get into any trouble. but i wont be afraid to lay down the law if i have to. i pretty have the mindset that if you dont do ****(and get caught) then i wont give you ****. i'll let them decide things like religion etc. i'll let them live they're lives the way they want, as long as it doesnt disrupt others. mainly an honor system. ya dig?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Three things:
1. Piano lessons
2. Express themselves
3. Listen to Neil Young

and I'll keep them healthy
cigarette nature
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What if they're rubbish musicians?

If you start them young enough they won't be.

, I dunno. I'll probably do what lots of psychologists do with their kids and use them to study.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
who knows. nothing turns out like you want you know. they kids will probly act a lot like me and my futer wife.
Tough parenting=good results.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Don't like kids, don't want kids.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm gonna be as honest as I can with my kids. If they wanna know why the doors locked to my bedroom twice a week and it sounds like I'm beating mommy, I'll tell em' "I'm having a very rough, very violent time with mommy. Just watch her walk in the morning, and you'll get the jist of it."
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
I will raise them as agnostics, Christian indoctrination in children is immoral IMO. Let them do as they want in school, but teach them to enjoy learning. I'll not spoil them.
If Murphy's Law is as constant as it has been, then I shall likely have a flipper baby.

I'd try and make the best of it though; everyone loves flipper babies.
Page 1 of 3