so im deciding to get rid of my 4x12 and downsize to a 2x12. but here's the issue: i play alot of modern hard rock and reggae. i know thats a big leap but i do play both and it's important to me for them both to sound good, i dont really wanna have to skimp on one or the other if i can help it....so i've been looking at the vader 2x12 and its rated at 240 watts has eminence legends and looks tough as hell, but is it only good for playing the type of music that requires you to be tough as hell on your stuff the other cabinet i'm looking at is the avatar G212 Vintage maybe with one G1275 and one Hellatone60 or something like that....which out of these two do you think would be more suited to what im trying to accomplish?

Thanks in advance for any help-
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Line6 Spider lll 75Watt Combo
WAY too many effects to list
well i was hoping to keep it in the 400ish range and both the vader and avatar are about the same price. so i was just wondering if anyone here has played either of these cabinets and could give me some insight as to how they sound and whatnot
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Ah, you're right. I was thinking about the price difference between Vader and Avatar 4x12s...

I haven't played the Vader...But honestly, You're not going to be looking at a huge difference. One of these cabinets isn't going to limit you more than the other, when it comes to what you can play. They're both made by companies who are known for solid construction.

Go look up reviews for the speakers in them, that's the only real difference.
Either should work well. The Vader will most likely sound closer to a 4x12 though.

A Genz Benz G-Flex is also worth a look, they sound HUGE for a 2x12.

P.S. I have 2 2x12 cabs for sale, within your budget
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i think ima just go with the vader. i cant really seem to find anything bad about them other than they don't reply to emails very quickly
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.