I have been very interested in Spear guitars recently due to the good reviews and good looks of their guitars. I currently have an ESP LTD EC-1000 in Vintage Honey Burst. It is worth around £750 and plays really nice but is just same old same old.... I checked out the spear website and although many of their guitars are very nice, two particular guitars took my fancy. The Gladius HT and The Claymore:

http://www.spearguitar.com/product/pro_1/GLAD-p/gladius_ht.asp

http://www.spearguitar.com/product/pro_1/NF-p/claymore.asp

They both have great specs and the Gladius comes with a set of EMG Hz's. I know some people will look at the claymore and think I am mentally deranged or something but I think it looks great. Plus it's spec is really good.

Someone check em out and tell me which you think is the more desirable in your opinion.

Cheers, Mx
The claymore or whatever is sweet looking, the other one is ugly as sin.
Guitars: Dean 79 series V)
Jackson emg-hz's

Amps: crate v50 piece of broken shit.
Peavey 5150 combo. FORSALE/TRADE

Effects: Boss ge-7, Ds-1, Ph-3, ds-2

Listen to Mastodon.
i'd go for the claymore, out of those choices. it's pretty interesting looking, the top is kind of iceman-esque and the bottom is typical strat shape-ish.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
gladius looks badass
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
the claymore looks like the baby of a mockingbird and an iceman. I like the gladius better though the claymore looks kinda odd imo.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i think both are awesome looking. the first one is kinda generic looking, but the paint job is really awesome, as are the specs. IDK about the HZ's though

i'd go for the claymore. it looks incredible in my opinion. I've never seen or heard of them before though.
gladius
i love the inlays
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
wow! so many replies in such a short time. I was expecting some "Spear guitars are **** get a ****in jackson you twat" hahaha. but so far so good. Yeah, I really like the look of the Claymore, really unique.
That Gladius looks brilliant
If I bought it, pickup swap, locking tuners, straplocks, looks like it'd be amazing.
I'm wondering how that neck would feel though.

JOEYEDIT: where are these sold? I'm interested now.
Last edited by joeymaxx at Feb 4, 2009,
i dont like em. the second one looks like a rip off b.c. rich, which i dont like even more.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I like the finish on the Gladius, but the inlay is tacky, EMG Hzs are awful pickups and I'm not sure I'd trust the other pickups they give you the option of having.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well I thought the claymore was neat until I saw that the upper part of the body extends out on the top of the neck,which I ****ing hate.I'd go with the gladius or one of their other models and do a pup swap and tuner upgrade.The green strat copy they have looks like it'd be pretty decent with a couple mods.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.